What is your favourite "Regular" Sipping Liquor - (Neat No Mixers Except Perhaps Ice)

Favorite Sipping Liquor (Neat Not Mixed with Anything Except Ice)

• Bourbon Whiskey

Votes: 66 28.9%
  • Scotch Whiskey

Votes: 52 22.8%
  • Irish Whiskey

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • Canadian Whiskey

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Japanese Whiskey

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Moonshine

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Gin

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Vodka

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Brandy / Congnac

Votes: 26 11.4%
  • Rum

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Tequila

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • I am boring and do not drink Liquor

Votes: 39 17.1%
  • Other (Please specify in Post)

Votes: 21 9.2%

• Total voters

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
What is your favourite "Regular" Sipping Liquor - (Neat No Mixers Except Perhaps Ice)

Further to my previous thread on Irish Whiskey, as so many folks Hijacked it (Just Kidding) with other drinks, I thought this would be a fun Poll. Beer is not considered a Liquor for this Thread.

I understand that the Majority of Americans like Bourbon Whiskey (Bourbon) and perhaps Scotch, so I think Bourbon will be the highest, just guessing.

Please feel free to discuss with prices, type preferences etc.

I like a good Single Pot Irish with a little Ice, not fussed on type as long as it is a good one. This next one shook me, I like to Sip "Sailor Jerry" spiced Rum (~$20 for a 1.75l) with a little Ice.

I used to like a good Botanical Gin, but not so much lately.

Please Vote, you can select more than one if you need to.

Last edited:
Nothing fancy, just everyday JD Black Label or Crown Royal... I actually prefer beer these days. (Corona Light)

Last edited:
I can't stand most whiskeys (bourbon, scotch, etc.) nor rum, brandy, etc. So those are all out for me. My husband like Woodford Reserve bourbon. His BIL and nephews (most live in Kentucky) are into more expensive bourbons (pappy?)

I like a good vodka martini - usually use Tito's. Since it has so little vermouth - it's almost straight booze. But that's not a regular thing.

I am a pretty big fan of Irish cream (like Bailey's) and a good Tom Collins (I know...no mixers). Other than that, I am not a liquor drinker.

I only drink mixed sweet drinks such as Mai Tais. DW, though, likes an occasional Chopin Vodka on the rocks.

Big red wines with good tannin.

I’m a Scotch Whiskey drinker. My go to label is 15yr Glenlivet, but I’ll drink others if not available. I occasionally like to sip Grand Marnier, but not too often.

No real sipping drink for me. For DGF, it is Grand Marnier.

I forgot to click "other", that would be Akvavit. I was introduced to it by my Swedish in-laws. The "Water of Life"!

Basically a gin-like drink, except I think the botanical is mostly caraway rather than juniper. Though there are many variations. Ahh, here's what wiki says:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akvavit

Akvavit gets its distinctive flavour from spices and herbs, and the dominant flavour must (according to the European Union) come from a distillate of caraway and/or dill seed.

Other than that, for non-mixed spirits (I don't drink spirits often, mostly craft beer & wine for me, and I very rarely drink mixed drinks, but enjoy a Gin Mule occasionally) I selected Bourbon (my #1), then in lesser amounts Scotch, Tequila, Cognac.

Was a little surprised to see 3/10 voters that don't drink. I figured a non-drinker would skip a poll like this anyhow. But as I always say, can't really tell much from a self selected poll, other than to just have some fun with it.

-ERD50

Don’t drink hard stuff any longer but, back in the day, Bushmills Black. I’ve even been to the distillery in Northern Ireland.

Lately, Cointreau. Used to be a Grand Marnier drinker, but switched.

Have not been to Jamaica for a while, but would always bring back a couple of bottles of Appleton estates 12 or 15 yo rum. Not readily available locally, if at all.

More regularly, Grey Goose or Glenlivet.

I drink wine almost exclusively, but on the very rare occasions (maybe once or twice a year) when I do have hard liquor, I like a glass of Cognac or Armagnac.

I voted for "Other" as I enjoy Screwball Peanut Butter Whiskey. Great with just ice. Also goes great on top of ice cream. :D

I selected only Cognac, not realizing that multiple choices are allowed.

It's OK, because Cognac is my favorite, but I also have 3 or 4 bottles of whiskey and Scotch in the cabinet. Also 2 or 3 different bottles of gin with Sapphire Bombay being my favorite. Vodka: 3 or 4 bottles. Various aperitifs and cordials, such as Grand Marnier, Cointreau, etc... Just remember that I ran out of Drambuie. Several bottles of fruit brandy, such as Calvados, pear, apricot, cherry, with pear being the favorite.

But of course, Cognac is my favorite, because I have 7 or 8 bottles, probably more because they overflow the liquor cabinet. Last time I looked, I had 5 or 6 bottles of XO, mostly gifted by my children.

I have told my children, no more booze for dad. I don't drink much anymore, and my cache should last a very long time.

PS. I forgot the 3 or 4 bottles of Tequila. These are also gifted, and supposedly good stuff, but I am not a Tequila drinker. Oh, at least 2 bottles of rum.

Last edited:
I only drink wine, and I am far from boring.

Tequila: Don Julio 1942, runner up Clasa Azul
Scotch: Abenour A'banadh, runner up Highland Park 15
Port: Praeger Port Works Colheita

Back
Top Bottom