Your favorite narrow based ETF for the next decade

DjBrown

Dryer sheet aficionado
My is SCHD

Because it contains collection of wide moat high quality dividend growers.
It is a gem index ETF.

It is not my biggest holding, but it is biggest narrow based ETF holding I have.
Value oriented and stark contrast to my favorite stock which is NVDA :). By narrow mean
ETF with less than 250 holdings so don't write that your is S&P 500 please.

Last edited:
Schwab US Dividend Equity ETF has been steadily climbing thru the last 12 months.

I see on Morningstar (which includes dividends) that this fund has done quite well versus VUG (Vanguard large growth) and VTV (Vanguard large value) since April 2020.

My choice for ETF's that have performed a bit better are a 50/50 combination of VBR/VOE. Those are Vanguard small cap value and midcap value. Generally when value is ascendant these asset classes perform better then large cap value.

Here is an M* chart of SCHD, VBR, VOE:

image4.jpg

Last edited:
I see on Morningstar (which includes dividends) that this fund has done quite well versus VUG (Vanguard large growth) and VTV (Vanguard large value) since April 2020.

My choice for ETF's that have performed a bit better are a 50/50 combination of VBR/VOE. Those are Vanguard small cap value and midcap value. Generally when value is ascendant these asset classes perform better then large cap value.

Here is an M* chart of SCHD, VBR, VOE:

image4.jpg

I do like those value choices.

What do you mean with narrow based?
For the next 10 years I like ETF based on European Financials.
I'm already long for the last 2 years.
In the last 10 years, Europe suffered from the subprime crisis.
Before Corona that crisis was about to come to an end.
During Corona it is coming to an end.
I think for the next 1 or 2 decades they will do better than a lot of other European sectors because the whole continent requires a form of infrastructure funding for public bridges, train trucks, streets. A lot of infrastructure was built after 2nd world war. Nothing lasts for ever. Demand for maintenance of that goes up fast.

Interest rates will go up.
Banks will benefit from it, with pension funds as infrastructure investors.

Then ETF on 5G/6G Telecommunications
They will benefit a lot when autonomous-driving vehicles and IOT Devices are finally in business. It could be one or two years too early to go in.

Next ETF on Energy and Raw Materials

Making the world greener requires a lot of fossil energies and non renewable raw materials. I expect that profit margins continue to go up this decade.
After 2040 demand for those stuff may drop fast.
So all profits need to be made and priced in now. As they are out of business once the green industries took over.

I would stay away from ETF on Green Industries.
If green is the future, why would it have high profit margins?
Stable and high competitive industries don't make much money, do they.
Spending money into low profit industries does not make much sense or does it.

While uncomfortable at times, I'm hanging with ARKK - for now!

Back
Top Bottom