Varilux or Shamir vs standard industry lenses

TrvlBug

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hoping to get some input from others who had difficulty with 'regular' progressive lenses and tried Varilux or Shamir progressives.

To keep a long story short, I lost the functional vision in my right eye just over a year ago. The nature of the damage to that eye (dominant eye), in addition to visual acuity, also results in neurological symptoms (sometimes severe) such as nausea and dizziness. I had some progressives made 2 months after the loss at the suggestion of my surgeon who thought it was a good time. They are horrid. I had some old progressives pre cataract surgery where I elected monovision, and they are almost as bad.

Working with a vision center that specializes in such vision issues (glaucoma, macular degeneration, blindness), I got a revised prescription and had some single focus test lenses made. These are GREAT :dance: and I'm now ready for progressives and keeping my fingers crossed.

I welcome any input on whether it's worth spending that extra $ on Varilux. Thinking their top of the line, X Series. No matter what input I get, though, I will spend the money...BTD :LOL:. I'm desperate.

Back
Top Bottom