Win some - Lose some

J

John Galt

Having made the decision to end my "biker" career
forever, I was faced with the problem of what to do with the bike (2003 cruiser). I had it sold a year ago and
then backed out and kept riding. Anyway, this is a bad time of year to be selling motorcycles in northern Illinois.
Suddenly, serendipity! I see an ad in the paper. Guy has almost the exact vehicle that I've been considering
(model, year, price, even color) and will take a motorcycle in trade. so.............. I did the deal. This leaves us with 2 Jeeps and a truck, so something has to go. DW is already lobbying for the
new acquisition to be "her car" and so I solved one issue only to create another. And so it goes.................

JG

JG - curious to what caused you to end your biker career when your bike is not that old?

Our neighbor keeps his Harley in our garage because he has too many toys in his to have room. My husband looks at it longingly from time to time (he used to ride a motorcycle but no longer).

The deal works well for us because in return we get to borrow all his fancy power tools.

Oh, sorry. That is discouraging if you really enjoyed it...I used to run and had to stop because my back could no longer take it. For the first year I was very depressed. Now I am just fat and need to do something about it.

Since it sounds like you have other hobbies and interests I hope you will not miss it too much.

Back
Top Bottom