Our President's Intelligence

Newell

Recycles dryer sheets
There have been a number of derogatory comments on the board about the intelligence of President Bush. His college transcripts from Yale indicated that he had a 77 average and had received a grade of "D" in a course during his freshman year. John Kerry on the other hand is generally regarded as an intellectual. Until recently, he refused to release his college transcripts from Yale.

The Boston Globe recently obtained a copy of John Kerry's transcript. As it turns out, his average at Yale was 76 (vs President Bush's 77) and he received four grades of "D" during his freshman year. Food for thought!

Boston Globe Article

Rumor has it that the President was visiting an Indian reservation to make a speech. He prattled on about how his administration was committed to improving health care and education services on the reservation. When he was through the Chief told him that, based on his speech the tribe would bestow the name "Walking Eagle" on Mr. Bush. The President was very please and asked what the significance of the name was. The Chief replied: " when an eagle is so full of s*** that is cannot fly, we call it Walking Eagle". :LOL: :LOL:

Grumpy

I'm reading The Family, the unauthorized biography of the Bush Family written by Kitty Kelley. I'm pretty early in the book so I'm still on his grandfather, but there have already been a few negative comments about his father being weak and George W being a liar. Apparently the author had a terrible time getting information on teh Bush family and she had to hire attorneys to stop illegal blocking. Apparently lots of dirty little secrets.

My political leanings are pretty clear, but Kerry never impressed me. That he's the best the Dems could come up with is a sad statement. I recall watching the Harken Fish Fry to familiarize myself with the hopefuls and was sorely disappointed at the time. Things didn't improve. I didn't vote for Kerry; I voted against Bush. (Actually I didn't vote, but that's a story I touched on at the time.)

It doesn't affect my opinions of Bush.

My only consolation back when Bush beat Gore and Rep's took over the majority in the federal government was that the last time it happened there was so much infighting that not much got accomplished. I assumed it would be the same this time, but they've got a lot accomplished this time much to my horror.

I failed every class one semester. My Dad was on probation at Cornell. University grades are not a very good indicator of intelligence. But saying, "hey the other guy sucks too!" is not very comforting when talking about the "Komandur in Cheef". You would hope your leader is above average.

If they wanted to dispell the image of Bush's Tonka truck sophistication level, they could just have him do a town hall without the entire audience being loyalist plants with scripts in their hand, etc. But they don't. It's a politically advantage to have your opponents, "misunderestimate" him.

If the Democrats really want to take back the white house, don't nominate a senator from a New England state. You need a Govenor (executive office experience with no voting record to hold against them) from a heartland state. Stick with the formula, guys! In fact, when is the last time someone went from Senator/Congressman to President?

Laurence said:
If the Democrats really want to take back the white house, don't nominate a senator from a New England state. You need a Govenor (executive office experience with no voting record to hold against them) from a heartland state. Stick with the formula, guys! In fact, when is the last time someone went from Senator/Congressman to President?

I think JFK was a senator at the time he was elected. As you noted, the Democrats still have not gotten past this. It seems to be nearly impossible to elect a democrat from either coast.

Can you spell Hillary? I do hope she's the nominee! Talk about fun! :LOL:

As a former MA resident who met Kerry several times, I can say that he was a nice fella but pretty much a political windbag. I never thought of him as particularly intelligent.

So all that report means to me is that they're both dummies.

People who cant say the word 'nuclear' shouldnt be able to use the weapons.

People who cant formulate and speak the saying "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" without screwing it up royally shouldnt be president either.

Some conservatives speak with glee at the potential fun they would have if Hillary ran. Don't laugh too soon. She is turning out to be very popular in New York and is "bonding" with the likes of Gingrich.

th said:
I think you'll see a howard dean resurrection.

House Democratic leaders yesterday distanced themselves from Howard Dean’s fiery rhetoric, saying that the outspoken Democratic Party chairman’s recent controversial statements do not speak for them.

[...]

House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (Md.) yesterday said Dean was not speaking on behalf of the party when he made those comments.

“I don’t agree with those comments, and I share the view expressed by Mr. Edwards,” Hoyer said in response to a question from The Hill at his weekly press briefing. “I don’t think they express the views of our party… and I think probably, upon reflection, they don’t express … Mr. Dean’s views. I think they were overstated.”

“I think the party spokesmen are [Senate Minority Leader] Harry Reid [Nev.] and [House Minority Leader] Nancy Pelosi [Calif.], [Senate Minority Whip] Dick Durbin [Ill.], myself, chairs of the committees, the governors. ... They are the people who have been elected to make policy,” Hoyer said. “My belief is the party chair’s job is to organize the party to support policymakers and the policies they promote.”

I don't have much respect for a leader can't communicate compound ideas. He rarely (if ever) demonstrates deep thinking.

Prediction: 1st woman president and black presidents will be republican if elected within the next 25 years.

Hillary seems to be popular in NY, but the question is, what state does she carry that Kerry didn't? I don't see her making in roads in The South, maybe Arkansas? In addition, as much as some deny it, sexism is still pervasive, and a lot of people, both men and women, have a misguided notion that some how a woman can't do the job.

I think JB hit it on the head, the first non-white/male President won't hail from the Democratic party.

I am no great admirer of President Bush, but anyone who denigrates his intellectual ability is sorely mistaken. Mr. Bush is very bright in the ways that matter most in politics and business -- building relationships and winning friends just long enough to accomplish most of what he wants to do.

playaman said:
I am no great admirer of President Bush, but anyone who denigrates his intellectual ability is sorely mistaken.  Mr. Bush is very bright in the ways that matter most in politics and business -- building relationships and winning friends just long enough to accomplish most of what he wants to do.

Maybe politics, business at times- but definitely not statesmanship. Bush is good at polarizing people, preaching to the choir, and applying pressure. He doesn't seem able to build bridges to other camps. The last person in his administration with any talent in that department was Colin Powell, and he is gone.  Bush was a popular DEKE at Yale, which is to say he fit in well at the Yale maximo animal house. Not necessarily bad, but nothing in his record suggests that he has or can tolerate great vision. And I think the next ten years will likely need some real vision.

H

Two wealthy guys with average intelligence. One is a lib and the other ultra conservative. Am I missing something?

wildcat said:
Two wealthy guys with average intelligence.  One is a lib and the other ultra conservative.  Am I missing something? 

Yup! - Bill Gates is smart enough to not want to be president.

grumpy said:
Rumor has it that the President was visiting an Indian reservation to make a speech.  He prattled on about how his administration was committed to improving health care and education services on the reservation.  When he was through the Chief told him that, based on his speech the tribe would bestow the name "Walking Eagle" on Mr. Bush.  The President was very please and asked what the significance of the name was.  The Chief replied: " when an eagle is so full of s*** that is cannot fly, we call it Walking Eagle".  :LOL: :LOL:

Grumpy

http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/eagle.asp

Here is a tidbit that should increase Democratic liberal angst:

Karl Rove told me if the Democrats run Hillary and another strong candidate, he will have John McCain choose Condoleeza Rice as his running mate.

Checkmate!

... and just what did you think they are grooming her for?

Ol_Rancher said:
Here is a titbit that whould increase Democratic liberal angst:

Karl Rove told me if the Democrats run Hillary and another strong candidate, he will have John McCain chose Condoleeza Rice as his running mate.

Checkmate!

Actually being a liberal, this would be very good news. Nothing is worse than Bush Jr. , and I was hoping that McCain would have gotten the nomination in 2000.

I would have little problem with McCain. The problem is the Right Wing Christian Fanatics control the GOP and McCain will never get the nomination. They even booed Colin Powel at the Convention! - That is how far wacked the GOP is today!

As far C. Rice goes, she'll kiss any one's butt to get somewhere. She is the poster child for an Uncle Tom as anyone I've ever seen!

BTW- If the Democrats nominate Hillary, they are doomed - As, much as I agree with her, she is no Bill Clinton! - They need to nominate John Edwards!

Martha & Laurence

Trust me, NY's junior senator is only a heroine in New York CITY (which we all wish WOULD secede and take foreign aid, because it would be less expensive for all of us), not in other parts of the state.  But what does she care, since all she has to do is carry metro NYC and she gets re-elected!  Can you spell statewide d-i-s-e-n-f-r-a-n-c-h-i-s-e-m-e-n-t, and I don't mean the kind that Rehv-rand Jackson babbles on about, either.
But then, our senior Senator is Chuckie Schumer, so we're twice-damned in the Empire State.
But the good news is that we don't live in Tax-a-chusetts...
Regards.

playaman said:
I am no great admirer of President Bush, but anyone who denigrates his intellectual ability is sorely mistaken. Mr. Bush is very bright in the ways that matter most in politics and business -- building relationships and winning friends just long enough to accomplish most of what he wants to do.

Oh give me a break. The guy cant even read the cue cards sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom