Our President's Intelligence

th said:
There are a few fairly accurate online tests. I sent one around once with the score I got from it. Nobody else offered up their score. I suspect anyone who gets more than 1 point lower than the highest reported score or anyone thats near the 'average' point is gonna keep quiet.

yeah! Like in Jr. High whenever the conversation turned to length of ....oh, uh, nevermind! ;)

DOG50 said:
Following that line of reason then McClain should have won NY and CA as they are normally 'Blue' states. If that had happened, he would probably be our President right now.

I didn't know "McClain" was running. Maybe in her next life :)

JG

th said:
  Last time I had my iq tested it was in the 170's. 

If that were actually true it would be about the most amazing thing I
ever encountered in my 60+ years on the planet.

JG

MRGALT2U said:
I didn't know "McClain" was running.  Maybe in her next life   :)

JG

Well you are correct. Please delete the "L". I'm glad I gave you another opportunity to add to your 5,000 plus posts.  ::)

I looked at my Iowa Test scores that were done in Grade school. I think my I.Q. was around 115. - If 115 was good enough for J.F.Kennedy, I figured it was good enough for me. :)

If I was any smarter, I'd probably be depressed! :D

Hmmm

I don't know what I think of those tests - in Grade School I tested 153, somewhere in High School (after girls, before college) around 127. The last on line test after ten years in ER around 109.

Hence possibly the background for my hormone theory. Also didn't realize I was INTJ until late in life. Knew I was left handed though.

There's some pontification brewing here - but my feeble mind can't quite grasp it yet.

th said:
Last time I had my iq tested it was in the 170's. 
Congratulations man, you are a 5 sigma event. Better will that brain to science.

M

My IQ is somewhere between 125 and 150, depending on the test. I think they forgot to divide by two...

On nearly every "achievement" test I've taken, I've scored near the 90 percentile, with the possible exception of the SAT - 1080 - which probably reflects a deep cultural bias; i.e they didn't ask anything about sports, cars, chicks, beer, or weed.........

Don't remember the raw scores, but my GMAT was 89 percentile.

Guess I'm smart enough to NOT be Prez!! :p

I remember they threw me in a gifted magnet for 7th grade, and then first off had everyone take some sort of GMAT style test with ten categories and a percentile grading system. I remember I was mocked because I only had 4 99ths and one well below 90. I've been left with the general impression that I'm just smart enough to comprehend the insults flung by the truly intelligent. :-\ ;)

Actually, I have to agree with CT's comment, my brother is much smarter than me, but he also has a lot more difficulty fitting in. There is a sweet spot where you are smart enough to excel within society, but not too smart to ostracize yourself.

Cut-Throat said:
I looked at my Iowa Test scores that were done in Grade school. I think my I.Q. was around 115. - If 115 was good enough for J.F.Kennedy, I figured it was good enough for me. :)

If I was any smarter, I'd probably be depressed! :D

You were smart enough to retire early, and hit the fly streams whenever & wherever you want.

Any additional I.Q. would be over-kill. :LOL:

I understand that IQs over 175 are a one in a million occurance. I always thought I was hot sh** when I was a kid until I met the son of a friend of my father's, who was my age, probably about 12 at the time. He was one of those one in a million people. Was already in college. Played amazing piano. Was a math savant. I have no idea what became of him but he was kind of a nice kid all in all.

From my experience in managing people, my hunch is that IQ isn't well correllated with common sense. I guess that is why they call it common sense.

MRGALT2U said:
I didn't know "McClain" was running.  Maybe in her next life   :)

JG

John,

This is probably the best one that you have come up with. :D Unless I missed one, that you think is better. Please point it out!

th said:
Bush once said "I know you are all just trying to put food on your family".

I imagine the cue card said "you are just trying to put food on your families table" or somesuch.

I had terrible grades in school.  Wasnt interested in slogging along at the low common denomiation speed.  Last time I had my iq tested it was in the 170's.  So much for a correlation between grades and intelligence.  If you actually think IQ has much to do with actual intelligence that is...

Always suspected you were one in a million ;)

Okay folks...............far be it from me to cast doubt on others posts
(ridicule and insult are more my style). :) I know a little about IQ
tests (25+ years in Mensa). If th was really in the 170s, he would
indeed be "one in a million". Problem is that there are a large number of tests to measure IQ. Some are generally accepted, some are not.
In the case of th...............based on his posts, I would guess he took
the official Red Buttons approved IQ test :) Man th, you should have
held back on that one!

JG

Cut-Throat said:
John,

This is probably the best one that you have come up with. :D Unless I missed one, that you think is better. Please point it out!

Yeah, that was pretty good, but my DW saying "What an ass!" was a close second. She also calls me a "lying sack of s...t" from time to time.
Terms of endearment?

JG

Have Funds said:
Guess I'm smart enough to NOT be Prez!! :p

Hey smarty pants, the above sentence is a split infinitive.  Maybe you can be Prez. :D

With kind regard to the pompous donkeys that get some sort of kick running down our president, I consider the alternatives that ran the past two times..... against him....
or I would consider if there was something to consider.

I particulary regard the intelligence of one opponent that wanted all of Europe to cuddle up with and to. Yes that same Europe that wishes it was as successful as the US, and yes those same leaders that took the payoffs pre Iraq war. And yes the same Europe that the people seem to be rather fed up with (post vote).

I respect our President and am darn glad we have him.

Although I do respect the donkey's rights to object and to complain.

Cut-Throat said:
John,

Thats a good one?? Lord, you 2 guys need to get out more.

DOG50 said:
Thats a good one?? Lord, you 2 guys need to get out more.

Gee Dog- Don't be so defensive! If you don't get it, do you want me to explain it to you?

Common sense is oxymoronic...

th said:
Last time I had my iq tested it was in the 170's.  So much for a correlation between grades and intelligence.  If you actually think IQ has much to do with actual intelligence that is...
IQ tests have too much cultural, situational, repetitional, & tester interference to be valid.  When you read about their development in the early 20th century and their eugenics applications (including sterilization during incarceration) then they lose their credibility.  I think they need to be administered frequently over years to even approach validity.

Our 7th grade handed out IQ tests via one-on-one interviews.  One of the questions was a geometric sequence that could be figured out iteratively yet had so many steps that it would have taken an hour and a tablet of graph paper.  But it just so happened that the day before the test our math teacher had covered the formula for that particular geometric progression, which I still remembered and applied for the correct answer.  The tester was stunned.  She was even more stunned when the next 10 test-takers (from the same math class) also got it right.  

My number was 156, the approximate diameter to which my head swelled.  That lasted until my younger brother took the test and scored a dozen points higher.  His school grades were always a letter-grade lower than mine, college was the best eight years of his life, and 20 years later he's STILL working low-skill jobs waiting for his R&B band to take off.  OTOH he didn't try to go to sea in nuclear submarines, so maybe the test is valid after all.

My head returned to its normal size shortly after starting college.  Nuclear power school made it shrink even further.

Laurence said:
I remember they threw me in a gifted magnet for 7th grade, and then first off had everyone take some sort of GMAT style test with ten categories and a percentile grading system.  I remember I was mocked because I only had 4 99ths and one well below 90.  I've been left with the general impression that I'm just smart enough to comprehend the insults flung by the truly intelligent.
My nephew had the same magnet-school stigma where his public-school 4.00 GPA turned into a magnet 3.40.  It stigmatized him right into enlisting in the Army Rangers, although two tours in Afghanistan & one in Iraq finally convinced him that West Point isn't so bad.  

When I took my first SAT (in 1976) the results weren't high enough.  So I bought a workbook and tried again six months later-- raising my grade over 200 points.  Had the same results working the GRE a few years later (hey, I was paying for those tests).  And when the Navy gave us a "free" GRE after a few more years of schooling, sea duty, and other life experience, I was a couple hundred points LOWER.  With today's interactive software the system can be gamed even more aggressively.

So public school for our kid is working out just fine.  Let her get her own doors blown off in college.

Martha said:
From my experience in managing people, my hunch is that IQ isn't well correllated with common sense.  I guess that is why they call it common sense.
Common sense is neither.  If it was then I would've been out of a job years ago.

MRGALT2U said:
Okay folks...............far be it from me to cast doubt on others posts
(ridicule and insult are more my style).  :)  I know a little about IQ
tests (25+ years in Mensa).  If th was really in the 170s, he would
indeed be "one in a million".  Problem is that there are a large number of tests to measure IQ.  Some are generally accepted, some are not.
In the case of th...............based on his posts, I would guess he took
the official Red Buttons approved IQ test  :)     Man th, you should have
held back on that one! JG
John, I was going to join Mensa too, but Groucho Marx convinced me that I shouldn't join any organization that would accept my application.  Does Mensa longevity count for as much in that group as 5000 posts does here?

Does it really bug you that TH tested higher than your IQ?  Now if there was only a test that measured ego...

retire@40 said:
Hey smarty pants, the above sentence is a split infinitive.  Maybe you can be Prez. :D

To quote Shakespeare: "To be, or to not be..."  ;)

I hear the retirement package is good...

BTW, I voted for Bush twice; still not too crazy about him, just couldn't vote the alternatives.

To quote Charlie Daniels: "He may look dumb, but that's just a disguise..."   :D

I didnt say any of the other guys were a step up. But they could probably have pronounced words properly and managed to at least read the cue cards.

Careful les I change my name to Head Donkey... ;)

Back
Top Bottom