Soylent diamonds..... are people!

Marshac

Full time employment: Posting here.
I came across this today.... I have so many mixed feelings about this. It's cool in a geeky way, but also somewhat morbid and creepy.

http://www.lifegem.com/secondary/whatisLG2006.aspx

What is a LifeGem®?

The LifeGem® is a certified, high-quality diamond created from the carbon of your loved one as a memorial to their unique life.  :eek: :eek: :eek:

The LifeGem diamond provides a way to embrace your loved one’s memory day by day.  The LifeGem® is the most unique and timeless memorial available for creating a testimony to their unique life. 

Your LifeGem memorial will offer comfort and support when and where you need it, and provide a lasting memory that endures just as a diamond does.  Forever.

You'll forgive me if I don't share with my spouse this latest means of ensuring that I'm worth more dead than alive...

Diamonds are a girl's best friend, or were made from part of the girl's best friend.

Speaking of best friends, I poked around the site, and--I kid you not:

LifeGem® for our precious pets.

Why choose a Precious Pet LifeGem diamond?

Because I’ll always remember...
how you preferred a milk jug to an expensive toy.
how you ate everything I couldn't stand.
how you protected me with your life, but secretly hid when I was gone.
how you helped “break in” all of the new furniture.
how you were always there for a hug when I needed it most.
how you gave me a reason to come home.
how I loved you with all my heart, but you always loved me more.

"Please don't bury me, down in the cold, cold ground.
I'd rather have 'em cut me up, and pass me all around.
Throw my brain in a hurricane, and the blind can have my eyes.
And the deaf can take both my ears, if they don't mind the size..."

John Prine

Creepy! But how do we know they aren't just dumping the ashes down the sink and handing you a cubic zirconia and saying, "here's bob!". :eek:

Laurence said:
Creepy!  But how do we know they aren't just dumping the ashes down the sink and handing you a cubic zirconia and saying, "here's bob!".  :eek:
Ah, for a small additional fee you can inquire about their DNA-tagged diamonds, coming soon!

"Help, I'm a rock!! Help, I'm a rock!!"

--Frank Zappa (with some credit to Jean Paul Sartre)

Back
Top Bottom