Best place to find cheap vacation package?

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm looking for a quick 3-4 night vacation package to maybe the bahamas, or another 'tropical' destination. Mexico?

I went 3 times to Freeport Bahamas in the past and had a fine time. I stayed at the old princess hotel, and it only ran me about 350/person for 3 or 4 nights with airfare. Food was not included.

Any good sites out there?

Vegas Baby! It's getting warm there now and stay off the strip and you can stay cheap, cheap, cheap!!

Adventuregirl

vegas does sound fun. BUT if I go, I HAVE to go to the grand canyon. If I do that, it's gonna be more days, more $ etc.

anyone ever goto the bahamia/princess resort in freeport bahamas? I heard it isnt the same since the hurricanes. But, man, ya cant beat a 4 night vaca for 2 people for under 1000 bucks with airfare! snorkeling,beaches,flea markets etc

I'm more into the shack by the beach than the mega-resort, but if you are interested in resorts, Club Med does a deal where they give you a really cheap price, but you have no idea where you are going until the day you leave. Since its a resort, who cares where it is?

brewer12345 said:
I'm more into the shack by the beach than the mega-resort, but if you are interested in resorts, Club Med does a deal where they give you a really cheap price, but you have no idea where you are going until the day you leave. Since its a resort, who cares where it is?

sounds fun. i will check into that.

im working on weasling a timeshare out of a friend of mine at the cancun palace resorts. I only hear wonderful things about that place (they pop you some champagne when u arrive, and basically kiss ass the whole time)

thefed,

As I recall, you are in the Akon, Ohio area. Check out Apple Vacations...I believe they fly out of Cleveland Hopkins Airport.

I've had good luck with them  -- taking inexpensive vacations to Aruba, Cancun, Ixtapa, and St. Lucia.

omni

DH and I just returned from a vacation in Mexico, our first in that country since the kids have grown.

We received an ad for a development at "Loreto Bay", a development just south of the town of Loreto on the south end of the Baja, so we thought we would look around.  The developer suggested a package at a resort that didn't get rave reviews on TravelAdvisor.com so we booked with a very small place in town, mid-priced, a block off the sea, with rave reviewes.*  We had a ball and didn't even look at the hoyty-toity developent.  [Context: we came of age in the early 60's.]

There isn't a lot to do but fish, tan and talk.. but husband fished, I got a stunning sunburn, and we yacked up a storm.  If you are from the NW this is no town to hide in.. plates with OR, WA and ID abound - I think even the Sea Lions lounging on the docks below me have relatives on their rocks.  I thought rental car rates were off the charts, you can engage a car and English speaking driver for the same price and get local flavor for about the same expense [our driver was once an undocumented resident of Spokane].  My birthday dinner at one of the finest places in town didn't exceed $25US for two.  This town is safer than my own, not a community that would gracefully accomodate rowdy immodest behavior.

When you are retired half the fun is in the planning.  Packages are nice but those of us with more time than money can take that package and re-wrap.

* Our fellow guests included the family of an executive at a Fortune 500 company, a vet & hedge fund manager companion, student and chef, retired attornies.

Back
Top Bottom