Vonage IPO

Cool Dood

Full time employment: Posting here.
Vonage selling stock to customers

Vonage's $531 million initial public offering, which is coming up next week, contains an unusual offer for its own customers to buy about 4.2 million shares of the stock.

The offer from the Holmdel, N.J.-based Internet-telephony firm covers up to 13.5% of the 31.25 million shares of the Vonage IPO and would amount to about $72 million, based on the midpoint of the deal's estimated price range of $16 to $18 a share.

The attempt by Vonage to market its IPO through its own devotees comes after it spent $88 million in marketing in the first quarter, compared with $118.9 million in revenue. In 2005, Vonage spent $243 million for marketing on revenue of $269.2 million. The company accumulated a loss of $467 million as of March 31 from its inception in 1995.

So... what do y'all think?

Commodity business with low entry barrier that everybody is thinking about getting into?   This is their exit strategy.   You'd be funding somebody else's ER.

wab said:
Commodity business with low entry barrier that everybody is thinking about getting into?   This is their exit strategy.   You'd be funding somebody else's ER.
Red Hat Linux redux.

But this time it's really different!

Is all the 1990s fiber lighted yet?

I agree with both of you, but with both companies they've provided major benefits to the customers.

Also, a while after RHAT crashed, I bought some and it's doubled in a few months, so I'm not complaining. ;)

Back
Top Bottom