Dont let the computer ruin your life/health

wompo

Recycles dryer sheets
Caught in the Web

More People Say Heavy Internet Use Is Disrupting Their Lives, and Medical Experts Are Paying Attention

The Web site for Orzack's center lists the following among the psychological symptoms of computer addiction:

? Having a sense of well-being or euphoria while at the computer.

? Craving more and more time at the computer.

? Neglect of family and friends.

? Feeling empty, depressed or irritable when not at the computer.

? Lying to employers and family about activities.

? Inability to stop the activity.

? Problems with school or job.

Physical symptoms listed include dry eyes, carpal tunnel syndrome, migraines, backaches, skipping meals, poor personal hygiene and sleep disturbances.

wompo said:
Caught in the Web

More People Say Heavy Internet Use Is Disrupting Their Lives, and Medical Experts Are Paying Attention

The Web site for Orzack's center lists the following among the psychological symptoms of computer addiction:

? Having a sense of well-being or euphoria while at the computer.

? Craving more and more time at the computer.

? Neglect of family and friends.

? Feeling empty, depressed or irritable when not at the computer.

? Lying to employers and family about activities.

? Inability to stop the activity.

? Problems with school or job.

Physical symptoms listed include dry eyes, carpal tunnel syndrome, migraines, backaches, skipping meals, poor personal hygiene and sleep disturbances.

Funny, those are the VERY ATTRIBUTES I want in an IT guru........ :LOL: :LOL:

So it is the internet's fault? Any activity could become an addictive behavior that is unhealthy. It is not the activity, it is you and how you behave. I'm suprised that someone can get paid to research for individual disfunctions. The number could equal the population. Maybe my research could discover a lot of egotists in and around state and federal capitals. All I need is funding. News bulletin: A study shows that a majority of restaurant patrons arrive hungry. More to follow at 10.
As Firesign Theatre joked about the midnight news: Big light in sky, slated to appear in east.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom