Brat said:
No argument here...

Well, I am disappointed. Tomorrow is my folks 65th wedding anniversary
and I had planned to give them a copy of his book. Now I am back to
square one. :)

JG

DOG52 said:
I don't wish anything bad on anyone but I wish someone would plug him. >:D

Oh, I don't know. I have empathy. Sometimes they just won't listen. :)

JG

Here's a couple of dumb questions. The man's already been tried by a jury and been convicted in civil court.

If he confessed to the murders, during an interview or in the book, would he still be subject to arrest & imprisonment? Could he be convicted on some other charge?

I can understand that his book profits (if any) would go to the civil judgment, but hasn't he already evaded double jeopardy?

Mr._johngalt said:
Well, I am disappointed. Tomorrow is my folks 65th wedding anniversary
and I had planned to give them a copy of his book. Now I am back to
square one. :)

JG

Easy, just get them Charles Manson T-shirts.

Attachments

• mansontshirt.jpg
    mansontshirt.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 1
  • mansontshirt.jpg_thumb
    19.8 KB · Views: 0
Nords said:
Here's a couple of dumb questions. The man's already been tried by a jury and been convicted in civil court.

If he confessed to the murders, during an interview or in the book, would he still be subject to arrest & imprisonment? Could he be convicted on some other charge?

I can understand that his book profits (if any) would go to the civil judgment, but hasn't he already evaded double jeopardy?

I would think that if he says anything in the book that contradicts what he said in civil court (I don't think he said anything in his criminal case besides "not guilty"), then they could get him for perjury.

retire@40 said:
I would think that if he says anything in the book that contradicts what he said in civil court (I don't think he said anything in his criminal case besides "not guilty"), then they could get him for perjury.

This is not true. He can just say the book is fiction (which I think was
the orig. idea). It may be the dumbest idea ever (for a book), but I doubt
if it would cause any legal trouble for him. IMHO it would have been
a runaway bestseller.

JG

I think we need to cut OJ some slack. The man is trying to carve his way back while he works on his slice.

JG

If he testified in a trial that he didn't do it and later confessed, he could be tried for perjury. The statute of limitations for perjury may have run.

although there is double jeapordy for the same offense, couldn't be be tried on something else--like conspiring to deprive his wife and lover of their civil rights? Or does it somehow have to be shown to be "race-related"?

Wasn't this tactic used during the civil rights era to try people in federal court when convictions couldn't be obtained in lower courts?

Back
Top Bottom