How Much Weight Did You Gain on Thanksgiving?

How many pounds did you gain?

• I lost weight

Votes: 3 9.7%

Votes: 13 41.9%

Votes: 1 3.2%

Votes: 5 16.1%

Votes: 2 6.5%

Votes: 3 9.7%

Votes: 2 6.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• >4.5

• Total voters

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We're talking about a one day gain, from Thursday morning to Friday morning.

Don't think I gained any...maybe even lost some!!!

Had a bagel for breakfast...and 1/2 of a DiGiorno's Pizza for dinner!!!

Now if you pose this question to me next Monday....?? It may be a different story, since we are having the T-giving dinner this Sunday!!! (It's all a matter of convenience) :cool:

I'll let you know when I finish the left overs and all the pies....

TromboneAl said:
We're talking about a one day gain, from Thursday morning to Friday morning.
I cut back on the side dishes to make more room for extra pumpkin pie.

Heck, we haven't even snorkeled through the Hallowe'en candy yet...

Nords said:
I cut back on the side dishes to make more room for extra pumpkin pie.

Heck, we haven't even snorkeled through the Hallowe'en candy yet...

Light weight :D

The differences you measure from day-to-day is mostly water weight, or just a comparison of the amount of undigested food in your stomach from one day to the next. To actually gain just one pound in a day, you'd have to eat and synthesize (absorb) an extra 3500 calories beyond what you normally burn for a day. That'd have to be at or near the theoretical maximum that a human can actually gain. I'd be quite an accomplishment to gain weight at a rate of 1 pound/day even on anabolic steriods.

There is no way i could even eat 5500 calories in a day (i burn at least 2000 just normally), unless i was in basic training again.

Azanon said:
To actually gain just one pound in a day, you'd have to eat and synthesize (absorb) an extra 3500 calories beyond what you normally burn for a day.

Az, now that you are GS 13 or whatever it is that you are, you really should drop back and use only single syllable words. If you can master them, you could try try words with two syllables.

Given time and effort, you may surprise yourself. (and us!)

Note also that if your body can synthesize calories, you have finally done it- invented a perpetual motion machine.

Ha

Good point, Azanon. OTOH: Eggnog

Azanon said:
The differences you measure from day-to-day is mostly water weight, or just a comparison of the amount of undigested food in your stomach from one day to the next. To actually gain just one pound in a day, you'd have to eat and synthesize (absorb) an extra 3500 calories beyond what you normally burn for a day. That'd have to be at or near the theoretical maximum that a human can actually gain. I'd be quite an accomplishment to gain weight at a rate of 1 pound/day even on anabolic steriods.

There is no way i could even eat 5500 calories in a day (i burn at least 2000 just normally), unless i was in basic training again.

on the days i run 5 miles i can easily eat 4000-5000 calories. i dont even get full.

my arm just gets tired lifting things to eat.

mathjak107 said:
on the days i run 5 miles i can easily eat 4000-5000 calories. i dont even get full.

my arm just gets tired lifting things to eat.

Many endurance athletes need ~5000 calories/day but they are usually doing a lot more than 5 miles/day. e.g The guys that are running 80-100 miles/week.

The rule of thumb is that you burn about 100 additional calories per mile and since the average male has a base metabolic rate of about 2500 calories/day unless you are either super efficient at burning calories (i.e. super inefficient at turning calories in to work) you are probably consuming excess calories on those days that you run 5 miles and consume 5000 calories.

MB

i certainly would be if i let myself eat that much. i dont but i could very easily. i just never get full on those days

id love to know how that 1 person gained 4-5 lbs overnight
. that would have to be 16,000 calories stored. thats impossible unless that person is ill and even then id doubt it.

I weighed 1 and a half pounds more the day after Thanksgiving, so I walked 4 miles , and the next day I was back to the same weight as the day before Thanksgiving.......... :LOL: :LOL:

4 miles is about 350 calories . a far cry from the 3500 that equals just one pound. a pound and a half is 5,250 calories. you must have drank alot and peed your brains out.

Back
Top Bottom