Dumb Question.............:)

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
WHY do I get so hungry when winter hits? It's like my body craves food all the time, when the temp drops below 30 degrees. I have fought this for 20 years.

Rich, ideas?

A million or so years as hunter-gatherers?

FinanceDude said:
WHY do I get so hungry when winter hits? It's like my body craves food all the time, when the temp drops below 30 degrees. I have fought this for 20 years.
Is dehydration a possibility?

One of the of DH symptoms is hunger, and DH could be brought on by central heating without a humidifier, or by drinking endless diuretic cups of coffee/cocoa. Eating will eventually solve the "hunger" problem but you'll probably still be simultaneously dehydrated & bloated.

Of course the "winter" part of my knowledge is totally theoretical, but I've learned out here that when I get the munchies my first step should be 22 oz of cold water.

It may have something to do with those things we no longer need our bodies to do, like store fat for a long winter of little or no food. I get the same cravings and it definately goes away in the spring.

Not dumb at all! :D I experienced that syndrome while living in the midwest for many years. The carb cravings went hand in hand with the overcast dreary weather. The result? SAD, seasonal affective disorder, weight gain, and a generally lousy disposition. I took St. John's Wort one season and that helped a lot. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom