Anyone know a credit card that gives reward points for using their checks?

Olav23

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi all,

I was just wondering, I spend quite a bit on rent every month. I'd love to be able to charge it to a credit card to take advantage of frequent flyer miles or cash back. Unfortunately, the management company doesn't accept credit cards for payment.

I thought of using the checks that the credit card companies send you constantly, but turns out the cards I have don't offer any benefits for using the checks.

Has anyone found a scamway to get this benefit? My rent is $2k a month, so that could really add up!

Thanks in advance!

Every card I've seen charges you a fee to use the checks.

Why not just ask your landlord if they will accept the card? The fee to them is still going to be the same as using the checks. Back when I was a renter I used to pay my rent on my mastercard.

It depends on where you live, but my landlord happily charged my rent each month rather than having to wait for a check.

Well, I have specifically asked if they could charge my credit card, and they offered a big fat no. I guess it is probably that if they just accept checks they pay nothing, but if they decide to use credit card, they end up losing 1% or so to credit card payment processors. 1% on $2k a month is probably pretty significant in a large apartment building.

After reading here for a while, I knew you guys were great at finding creative ways to do most everything so I hoped you knew of something.

If not, what can I do, just wondered :)

Thanks for the reply...

No problem

BTW: They take a 3% haircut on the CC

mickeyd said:
It is my understanding that using those 'checks" that they send you is the same as taking a cash advance and all of the fees and costs associated with that scam.

Read the fine print. While that is mostly true I have found some exceptions. One of my card companies sent me checks for $10K that I could use for almost a year with $0 interest.

Back
Top Bottom