I made it

HelpMeRhonda

Recycles dryer sheets
Today's my first official day of ER.

Woke up at normal 5:00 am for work. Made and drank my coffee. Realized I wasn't going anywhere, so made another pot... So as I type, I've got a pretty serious buzz going.

Got to improve on my ER planning for tomorrow :D

Congrats! I've been at this retirement stuff for 43 days now, and the best thing about it is that I don't have to plan anything if I don't want to! I started removing the wallpaper from the kitchen last week, and maybe I'll work on it tomorrow, and maybe I won't. We're supposed to get a snow storm tomorrow, so it might be a good day to stay in and scrape wallpaper...or not!

So far I've had a serious talk with the family dog. Let him know I'd be around alot more now. His sleeping habits are under review and will likely be changing to better match mine.

Congrats ! Took me awhile to get in the retirement swing but I'm sure you'll master it !

HelpMeRhonda, that's great! Enjoy the day, and all that follow. Monday's a great choice for first day, too. Imagine the millions dragging into work feeling Monday while you were enjoying the second pot.

Coach

Congratulations Rhonda! It's a GREAT day to ER! Better explain to the dog!

Congrats on making it to your goal Rhonda. You can now enjoy everyday for the rest of your life, knowing that it's yours to decide how you will spend it.

That's pretty funny...."got to improve on ER planning".
Sounds like you have a pretty good understanding of what it is you're not supposed to be doing all day. Congratulations by the way! Enjoy.

Thanks All.... I've been a very active lurker for several months. On occasion I voiced an opinion on something. I remember finding this forum by Googling " Retirement"

While in my heart I think I knew it was time to pull the plug, it was this forum that pushed me to action. My appreciation goes out to all.

We all have our own stories. Sometimes I find myself strongly agreeing, sometimes strongly dis-agreeing, with the theme of a thread.

But I've always appreciated the humor of many posts.

On occasion I hope you can tolerate my input...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hey good for you. Today all the oldie moldies talked about retirement while the newbies grumbled!!!

Another nice thing about being at home and drinking two pots of coffee....no one complaining about your walking the halls for coffee and bathroom breaks.

And congrats on your retirement.

Back
Top Bottom