Pilgrim Baxter distribution

Dry Socks

Recycles dryer sheets
I received a check today from the "Fair Fund" established by the SEC to right some of the wrongs associated with market timing in the Pilgrim Baxter mutual funds. Problem is, the mutual fund was held in a SEP account. Does anyone know if I need to deposit this check back into the SEP, or, if I can just spend save it ?

Thanks!

I lalso received a check today from the "Fair Fund" for holding a PBHG fund in my IRA account for a number of years in the past. In the attached sheet above your check, there is info on the back that gives a website (www.pbafairfundsettlements.com) that explains what you should do with the check. There is also a toll-free number listed for any questions you may have. In my case, the PBHG mutual fund was in my IRA, so I need to deposit it back into my IRA. Your situation may be diffferent. I am personally taking the check to the local Charles Schwab office where I hold my IRA, just to make sure it gets taken care of properly.

Thanks. I missed that reference to the web site on the document. It wasn't enough that they underlined it and printed it in bold :)

I owned one of the funds. It still makes me angry. Too bad those @$$h*les didn't go to jail!

Brain not working anymore
if you really want to fry whatever remains of your grey matter, try reading/understanding the IRS referenced items!

I lalso received a check today from the "Fair Fund" for holding a PBHG fund in my IRA account for a number of years in the past. In the attached sheet above your check, there is info on the back that gives a website (www.pbafairfundsettlements.com) that explains what you should do with the check. There is also a toll-free number listed for any questions you may have. In my case, the PBHG mutual fund was in my IRA, so I need to deposit it back into my IRA. Your situation may be diffferent. I am personally taking the check to the local Charles Schwab office where I hold my IRA, just to make sure it gets taken care of properly.

I am in the same situation. I received a dist check. The PBHG account was for an IRA. It sounds like I should put it back in my IRA. Do I need to reflect any of this on any tax form? Anyone know anything about it? OR how it should be handled?

Back
Top Bottom