Heh, unfortunately worded headline

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
"Royals To Get A Taste Of Angels' Colon
(Sports Network) - Bartolo Colon attempts to win his third consecutive start off the disabled list tonight for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, who will be aiming to continue their recent dominance of the Kansas City Royals.

After missing nearly nine months to rehab a partially torn right rotator cuff, Colon returned to a major-league mound on April 21 and delivered an outstanding performance against the Seattle Mariners. The former American League Cy Young winner allowed just one run on seven hits to lead the Angels to a 7-6 victory.

Colon was even more impressive against Tampa Bay on Thursday, as he struck out 11 Devil Rays and gave up only two runs and four hits in seven innings of his team's 11-3 triumph."

http://www.wsoctv.com/mlb/13222064/detail.html

Seems like the sort of thing I'd try to sneak past the censors if I worked there...

If the Angels beat the Royals by a good margin, think the headlines will read "Colon Wrecked Um!"?

...baaaaaaaaadddddddd. all baaaaaaaaadddddddddd.

If he gets bombed, would it be "Colon stinks."

"Colon loses control."

"Royals get lots of runs off Colon."

Eagle43 said:
If he gets bombed, would it be "Colon stinks."

"Colon loses control."

"Royals get lots of runs off Colon."

Well if he get's bombed and eats eggs he would be "Colon stinks" the next morning for sure.

Rich,
Hope this makes you laugh, but do doctor's choose their field based on their name.
http://gi.ucsf.edu/faculty.html
I just finished making an appointment for a "colon" oscopy here in SF with a guy listed in that link.

Dr. Jonathan Phillip Terdiman. :D
No $hit,
OAP

OldAgePensioner said:

The Chief of Urology at the USAF hospital where I had my vasectomy: Colonel (Dr.) Ball.

His standard line to those seeking the services of his staff: "After we're done with you there will be no vas deferens in your sex life." :p

OldAgePensioner said:
Rich,
Hope this makes you laugh, but do doctor's choose their field based on their name.
http://gi.ucsf.edu/faculty.html
I just finished making an appointment for a "colon" oscopy here in SF with a guy listed in that link.

No $hit,

:LOL:

One of the better ones.

I've got a whole collection as you might imagine (trade jokes, as it were). For gastroenterology, there's Dr. Brown, Dr. Holl, Dr. Gass, Dr. Flato, and Dr. Weipp, to name a few.

Names can generate a lot of entertainment. When I first joined this board I got caught up in a thread where someone was discussing how flamboyant and flashy some people were about having a lot of money. I commented that this behavior was hard for me to relate to.

A poster got very indignant with me, pointing out quite seriously that I had no right to feel that way, considering that I had the indiscretion to call myself "Rich" in Tampa.

Rich_in_Tampa,
When I first saw you start posting I thought about changing my name to:

Hung_in_Chicago

but since I posted so much about young, nubile, petite, Asian women, well, I figured people might mistake me for Chinese instead of just stating the facts. :eek:

REWhahoo,
I worked with a guy at TRW in N. Redondo Beach named Wahoo S. Joe. And yes, he did appear to be American indian heritage.

You should have told the Colonel, "now the wife and I can have a Ball in our sex life." :D

Back
Top Bottom