Shift Happens

Shift Happens - Original Version (I Think)

What's interesting (to me, anyway) is that this video was created by a high school teacher in 2006, for a presentation to other teachers. Here's the original version (I think it is, anyway), with the first 8 slides specific to his school. It's about 8 minutes long, and does differ slightly from the version Greg linked.

http://www.lps.k12.co.us/schools/arapahoe/fisch/didyouknow/didyouknow.wmv

Trivia - from what movie did he take the music from?

Re: Shift Happens - Original Version (I Think)

jdmorton said:
Trivia - from what movie did he take the music from?

Last of the mohicans? I can't remember for sure, but I remember the scene vaguely.

And We Have a Winner!

sujFIREnit is correct.

The music is from The Last of the Mohicans. :)

Re: And We Have a Winner!

jdmorton said:
The music is from The Last of the Mohicans. :)

Filmed right here in NC at Lake James, and my old stomping grounds Linville Falls.

"sujFIREnit"

******, is that a cry for help or did I miss a memo?

[Edited to keep "******'s" secret safe with us.]

Nords said:
"sujFIREnit"

****, is that a cry for help or did I miss a memo?

I had to change my screen name a little. We had a little email in our inboxes this morning from the exec VP listing "top ten internet sites visited by our employees" and er.org made the list! :eek: (so did marriedsecrets.com, so I'm not too worried :D )

I tried to anomymize myself a little. :D I may have to figure out how that google proxy server thing works, too. Can't have my cover blown!

I thought this thread would be interesting because it combined music AND statistics. Now if we could just find some combination of good statistics AND young, well endowed ladies we might . . . . :-X

Seriously, I think we're now slowly losing our status as the premier country in the world. This isn't necessarily good or bad, but it does seem to be gradually happening right before our very eyes. We keep dropping down from our former lofty heights in education and such, etc. Or maybe other countries are just advancing at a faster pace and everything feels relative?

sujFIREnit said:
We had a little email in our inboxes this morning from the exec VP listing "top ten internet sites visited by our employees" and er.org made the list! :eek: (so did marriedsecrets.com, so I'm not too worried :D )
So you're saying that your exec VP was the inspiration for spending so much time here?

Should we e-mail them the link for a donation to Dory's server fund?

Nords said:
So you're saying that your exec VP was the inspiration for spending so much time here?

Should we e-mail them the link for a donation to Dory's server fund?

He's definitely one of the motivating factors leading me to spend time here. But please don't send him a link - that might adversely impact my FIRE goals... :D

Back to work... :'(

Back
Top Bottom