Fourth of July Online Quiz

bssc

Moderator Emeritus
Here is a quiz from some of the sample questions the INS ask people who want to be citizens. Passing grade is 80%. I got a 85%.

Take the quiz here

Got a 90%.

The two I missed -- one I knew, but clicked the wrong button. The other, well I hope I can be forgiven for not knowing what form you use to apply for naturalization, given that I'm a natural born US citizen.

Naner, naner, I got them all right. :) Though I had to guess about the form for naturalization. Gimme a break, who cares what the form is called.

Thought that was neiner neiner:
Do you have what it takes to become a citizen?

You answered 100% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:
Better to be lucky than smart? Could be -

Last edited:
90%

Didn't know the blasted form.

Got confused about New Hampshire or Kentucky.

Well I was proud of my 95%, until I saw Martha's posting. I missed the one about appointing Supremes, but got lucky on a couple of guesses.

Too bad New Zealand wasn't one of the 13 :)

Coach

Naner, naner, I got them all right. :) Though I had to guess about the form for naturalization. Gimme a break, who cares what the form is called.

darnit, that's the one i missed:rant:...95%

i guessed the govm't wants you to "petition" - give us a reason to let you be a citizen, vs. "apply"

but i guess they could reject your application too!

100%. The form about Naturalization was a gimme -- it is called "Application for Naturalization" -- and the question is "what form do you use to apply for naturalization?"

100%. Although I must admit I have helped my wife and all of her large family get citizenship including filling in probably a dozen n-400's, researching the regulations and making tons of phone calls.

The real citizenship test administered in my experience was more like 3 or 4 very simple questions. Like "who is the head of the nation" - the president. "Who is our current president" - GWB, "What is the star-spangled banner" - natl anthem, etc. pretty easy questions, IMHO. If you don't know, they'll give you hints like "it rhymes with smational smanthem". Before DW took the test, she was a little concerned with passing it and studied like crazy. Then when it ended up being as hard as a 1st grade social studies quiz, we laughed a little. I think the point of the test is to make sure you flipped through the "100 questions that might be asked during your citizenship interview" pamphlet that was sitting in the waiting room while you wait for hours to be seen for your "appointment". That and to make sure you speak a little English (if that is required of you).

Wow, 100% My old HS Civics teacher, Mr. Cook, would be proud!

100%. The form about Naturalization was a gimme -- it is called "Application for Naturalization" -- and the question is "what form do you use to apply for naturalization?"

And wouldn't it be just like the guvmint to name the form a Petition instead of an application?

(Yes, I realize, I overthought that one.)

95%
I don't know what all the various amendments are about, so guessed wrong on that one.

I failed. Geez, I wonder if the INS can track down my IP? Big trouble!

I passed but they almost got me with these two answers:

What are the first 10 amendments to the Constitution called?

The Preamble
The Bill of Rights
First Ten Amendments
Lewis “Scooter” Libby (not making this up, this was an answer)

And

What are the 13 original states?

Connecticut, New Hampshire, New York, New Zealand, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Rhode Island, Maryland

Back
Top Bottom