I caught my tenant packing boxes during the night hours....

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, the same girl i wrote about last month didnt pay this month. I still hadnt talked to her since last month, although she did pay at that time, including late fees.

I walked to the door at 8pm this eve to serve her eviction notice, and i saw some boxes. I snooped around a bit and saw lots of boxes.

After talking to her, she said she'd be out monday with keys in my hand tuesday...understands she owes the rest of the rent (3 months on lease) and security deposit is being kept to go toward rent. She just didnt talk much-seems depressed, lost a job, got a new one, but waaay behind on stuff blah blah

So, wat do I do? I dont know where she works. know shes behind on lots of bills. Do I sue for the 3 months of rent she will miss, or chalk it up as a costof business? I think I should walk... but I dunno.

Im going to get an ad in the paper ASAP and see how it goes. i actually feel relieved at this point...not angry. it's wierd being at peace with something like this...its not like me!!

Well from lots of experience over the years...

Clean up the place ASAP, and start showing it now. At best you'll get a tennant towards the end of October. At worst the place will sit for a few months.

Per collecting the back rent/lease money.... Good luck with that. If you take her to court you will win. But then you'll have to collect. Tennats like these often have a long list of creditors, so you'll just have to get in line. Perhaps you could get some portion of the money back by using a collection service.

It's best to cut your loses and get a better tennant in next time.

Well from lots of experience over the years...

Clean up the place ASAP, and start showing it now. At best you'll get a tennant towards the end of October. At worst the place will sit for a few months.

Per collecting the back rent/lease money.... Good luck with that. If you take her to court you will win. But then you'll have to collect. Tennats like these often have a long list of creditors, so you'll just have to get in line. Perhaps you could get some portion of the money back by using a collection service.

It's best to cut your loses and get a better tennant in next time.

i used to be in collections so i know the process!! thats why i think i'll pass

I screend sooo much while this home was on the market...it was insane. iw as sure i had a winner...and honestly, i dont find 9/12 months to be too bad...better than expected. now ill have to see how bad the house really is tho...

YOUR LUCKY! NO eviction!

She left paid in FULL ... and you get to keep a security deposit for breaking the lease.

No judge in MA will force a tenant to pay a broken lease under those circumstances. The owner would be wasting his time ... AND good luck collecting IF you get the judgement.

MOVE ON. And you've got a security deposit to help do it.

Walk away from trying to collect anything, Fed... you'll be better off in the long run just trying to get a good tenant in there quickly...

Like most everyone else, I say walk. You can't get blood out of a turnip and will save yourself time and frustration by avoiding court.

Great news, guys! I was on my way to serve the eviction notice on that tenant I told you about, and I find that she is leaving in just a few days! Now I don't have to spend months of time and money on getting her evicted. Yay -- I'm so happy. Not only that, but the security deposit will cover at least part of the last three months rent she owes!

I'm the luckiest guy on earth!

Back
Top Bottom