Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/)
-   Forum Admin (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f32/)
-   -   "Hottest" thread stats (https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f32/hottest-thread-stats-38386.html)

REWahoo 09-03-2008 11:34 AM

"Hottest" thread stats
 
Thought I'd point out a recent change to the rankings of the most popular threads on the forum, measured by the total number of replies. (See "Hottest Threads" on the stat page.)

The "Sarah Palin, McCain VP..." thread is now ranked 4th - out of a total of 23,733 threads. The top three threads have been around for two to four years - but the Palin thread managed to hit the number 4 spot in less than 5 days, no doubt a forum record.

(Not sure why I'm posting this. Everyone is over on the Palin thread and this will probably be seen only by me and a couple of 14 year old girls posting from Boise...)

Notmuchlonger 09-03-2008 11:48 AM

So is it a cow or not?

Sarah in SC 09-03-2008 11:51 AM

;D;D
Hilarious, Notmuch!

Yeah, good to see that a thread can give the pay off the mortgage debate a run for the money!

pksublime 09-03-2008 12:33 PM

other than the link in the first post, how do you get to the stats as a normal user?

Sarah in SC 09-03-2008 12:37 PM

It is on the portal page. Scroll down, look at the left rail, then click on more stats. The stats default to top five, but you can look at top 10 or what have you.
Boy howdy there are some folks with a lot of posts under their belt here!

REWahoo 09-03-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pksublime (Post 707604)
other than the link in the first post, how do you get to the stats as a normal user?

Click on "Portal" at the top left. On the Portal page you'll see a "Stats" section in the left column. Click on "More Stats: Click Here".

What Sarah said...

Sarah in SC 09-03-2008 12:47 PM

Yeah, speaking of those long winded standing members...see that REW made the top list--with 10,000+ posts :o

Nords 09-03-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REWahoo (Post 707563)
The "Sarah Palin, McCain VP..." thread is now ranked 4th - out of a total of 23,733 threads. The top three threads have been around for two to four years - but the Palin thread managed to hit the number 4 spot in less than 5 days, no doubt a forum record.
(Not sure why I'm posting this. Everyone is over on the Palin thread and this will probably be seen only by me and a couple of 14 year old girls posting from Boise...)

Well, just a suburb of Boise really.

But what's amazing is that one of the top three threads has been closed for months-- and the other two just store JIMOh's overused jokes and our collective weight-loss angst. Considering the overabundance of those latter categories, the Palin thread is a true record-setter.

I can't wait to read our 2010 & 2012 retrospectives on this phenomenon...

cute fuzzy bunny 09-03-2008 09:15 PM

No wonder its a highly hit thread. McCain gave away the election by making the biggest political blunder since 2004.

Anyone wanna stuff this into the soapbox before it gets out of hand?

unclemick 09-04-2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny (Post 707878)
No wonder its a highly hit thread. McCain gave away the election by making the biggest political blunder since 2004.

Anyone wanna stuff this into the soapbox before it gets out of hand?

A forum with more guys than gals - toss in a bikini photo(fake), guns and beer - AND regular football season hasn't started yet.

Sure sucked me in.

;D

heh heh heh - but I have faith in bacon over the long haul. :coolsmiley: Carly Forina strongly hinted to Charley Rose we men should be ashamed of ourselves - I'm assuming those men who vote properly will be pardoned - after the required amount of community service - and perhaps a dose of no football for the hard core.

HFWR 09-04-2008 08:17 AM

I've finally used the ignore feature, on the entire Soapbox forum. I feel so much calmer now... ;D

Sarah in SC 09-04-2008 08:25 AM

I knew you were talented and cool, HFWR, but I had no idea you were so intelligent, too! :smitten:
Great move to ignore the soapbox! ;D You'll be happier, calmer, have whiter teeth and fresher breath, and your friends will think you've dyed your hair you look so young! :angel:

FinanceDude 09-04-2008 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny (Post 707878)
No wonder its a highly hit thread. McCain gave away the election by making the biggest political blunder since 2004.

I think you will be surprised at the boost that McCain/Palin get coming out of the RNC..........;)

unclemick 09-04-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah in SC (Post 708052)
I knew you were talented and cool, HFWR, but I had no idea you were so intelligent, too! :smitten:
Great move to ignore the soapbox! ;D You'll be happier, calmer, have whiter teeth and fresher breath, and your friends will think you've dyed your hair you look so young! :angel:

I miss my BB gun! Think I'll check the pawn shops.

heh heh heh - hmmm bacon to calm down and hair dye to look/feel younger? ;). Ahem - Saint's regular season starts this week. Huskies got stomped by Oregon.

HFWR 09-04-2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah in SC (Post 708052)
I knew you were talented and cool, HFWR, but I had no idea you were so intelligent, too! :smitten:
Great move to ignore the soapbox! ;D You'll be happier, calmer, have whiter teeth and fresher breath, and your friends will think you've dyed your hair you look so young! :angel:

Lots of folks comment that my hair has died... O0

retire@40 09-04-2008 08:52 AM

After about the 5th post down, can we cut the rest and move them to the Soapbox or lock this thread before it gets out of control.

Then again I could just put it on ignore, NM.

Bestwifeever 09-04-2008 08:54 AM

Hmmm, I wonder how many posts a thread about whether or not Palin should pay off her mortgage would generate.... :)

I'm glad to see Funny Joke Thursday tops the list--that made me smile!

cute fuzzy bunny 09-04-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinanceDude (Post 708060)
I think you will be surprised at the boost that McCain/Palin get coming out of the RNC..........;)

Big fat bunch of nothing once the smoke clears and people realize that they're a heart attack away from having a 44 year old president who was a longshot to get elected to mayor a few years ago, is a flip flopper and fibber, has a pregnant daughter, and a husband who's a member of some weird fringe group.

Thats some good vetting there

unclemick 09-04-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny (Post 708090)
Big fat bunch of nothing once the smoke clears and people realize that they're a heart attack away from having a 44 year old president who was a longshot to get elected to mayor a few years ago, is a flip flopper and fibber, has a pregnant daughter, and a husband who's a member of some weird fringe group.

Thats some good vetting there

The truth is stranger than fiction but keep the faith:

'God Looks After Drunkards, Fools and The United States of America.'

If the polls hold - GWB will leave office more popular than Harry Truman!

Just down the road from me - poor piggies who find their way into Oscar Mayer Center Cut Bacon meet their sad end.

I like center cut. And Boise is a suburb of Kansas City not vicie versa.

heh heh heh - And I'm glad Hannah is passing Nags Head this weekend and not next. This too shall pass. :angel:.

cute fuzzy bunny 09-04-2008 10:31 AM

Sarah Palin Gender Card | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Hilarious.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.