Pulling up/Replacing Carpet -- Easy?

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I need to get access to the space under the floor. Plan is to peel back the carpet and pad, and remove the plywood, then put everything back.

Any tips on this?

Thanks.

Rent or borrow a carpet stretcher for the re-installation phase of your project. That will keep the carpet nice and tight and it won't have bulges or humps in it.

I learned that from my friend who [-]does[/-] did carpet laying for a profession.

If you like punishment just use a Knee Kicker (assuming it is not a total room removal and relaying plan).

start at a corner when pulling it - you will be buying new pad, but that is cheap ~ $2.75 - $3.25/yd. It gets stapled down and will probably come apart as you try and remove it - not worth re-using and having it bunch under the carpet - several different weight pads - if yours was decent quality it's probably 8#.

It's the insulated line that looks like the leaker? Think it's from the circulating hot water i think you mentioned once? Also looks like insulated line from an external AC unit. Any chance of isolating that section of line to see if it dries up? No major wet spots on the ceilings? hole must be in the wall cavity - if so go slow on pulling floor....

Removing the carpet was easy (see other thread for pics and pipe details), and the pad stayed together. It seems to be a very slow leak.

Back
Top Bottom