Whom Do U use for Researching ,Track Ports and $ Message Boards?

Well, thanks and I do have the Boglehead, etc.. but that's just a Individual Message board and not For Doing Researching and settup Portfolio's..of different family of funds, etc..

Well, since you mentioned the M* discussion boards, I thought you wanted similar things. I would opine that many people try to get other folks to do their research for them on the Bogleheads boards.

OTOH, there is not much research one really needs to do nowadays. You know which asset classes you want. You know which low-cost ETFs fulfill those asset classes. You are done.

Since I invest mostly in Vanguard funds, I use Vanguard.com a lot for research. But I also use Morningstar (free), Google Finances, Yahoo Finances, Kiplinger.com and Smartmoney.com for research. I have tried Morningstar's premium membership but I don't see much value in it (except perhaps the X-ray tool).

I use only 2 message boards: ER.org and the Bogleheads (under another screen name). I am a big fan of Larry Swedroe and I like the fact that he posts there regularly. I used to post on MSN Money but I can't stand it anymore...

I use Quicken and Vanguard.com to track my portfolio.

Morningstar Preferred membership, multiyear discount price.
Vanguard.com
This forum has been a real education for me. :flowers:
MarketWatch once in a while.

Yahoo - general stock pricing, current earnings estimates, etc.

Edgar - digging into historical 10K's (only because I invest only in individual stocks)

2nd on the vanguard.com
fundadvice.com is good for getting an asset allocation portfolio set up. They have some good model portfolios for folks going the etf route or with vanguard, fidelity, etc. My portfolio is closely based on one of their portfolios. And they keep the model portfolios updated as more/better fund choices come along in some of the more esoteric asset classes. I don't necessarily agree with all of their fund recommendations as I think there may be some better or equivalent alternatives out there though. But a great starting point.

My primary tool, though the [-]chimpanzee[/-] financial advisor is not shown...

Attachments

• dart_board.jpg
    dart_board.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom