$23,148,855,308,184,500

Rustward

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Of course these things happen from time to time. When Mr Muszynski checked his statement he found a $23 quadrillion debit and a $15 overdraft fee.

Man's Debit Card Charged $23 Quadrillion, Plus $15 Overdraft Fee - Money News Story - WMUR Manchester

I like this part: "WMUR News 9 contacted Bank of America about the statement mishap, but representatives said the card issuer, Visa, could only answer questions. Visa, in turn, recommended that WMUR News 9 contact the bank." Luckily they had each other to point to.

Geech, I wish I had just 10% of that kind of Debt..I' be Packing My Bags and Taking the Debt Items I bought and leaving on my Yacht to the Islands were they can't come get me..

An Army Buddy of Mine went to Canada after getting out in the late 60's, he left there 3 yrs later after running up over $165k in Debts and moving each item ( Cars, Boat, etc) back to the USA over a Yr's time and then he bailed and came home for good.. and they couldn't come after him either.. He used the $ ( about $80k after selling everything) to buy a Franchise an now owns 6 KFC's..!

When the Wife Got Cancer? We ran up all the CC's to the max and then some, we knew we were going to go into bankruptcy from the Medical Bills anyway..
Gave her just about everything she ever wanted from Clothes, Fur Coat to taking several Trips... After She Died, I filed banktruptcy and started over.. The CC debts totaled over $55k back in the Mid 80's...btwn 11 cards.. just paying the Interest on them along the way..and I sold alot of the stuff afterwards and had over $15k to start over with...

;-)

Geech, I wish I had just 10% of that kind of Debt..I' be Packing My Bags and Taking the Debt Items I bought and leaving on my Yacht to the Islands were they can't come get me..

An Army Buddy of Mine went to Canada after getting out in the late 60's, he left there 3 yrs later after running up over $165k in Debts and moving each item ( Cars, Boat, etc) back to the USA over a Yr's time and then he bailed and came home for good.. and they couldn't come after him either.. He used the $ ( about $80k after selling everything) to buy a Franchise an now owns 6 KFC's..!

When the Wife Got Cancer? We ran up all the CC's to the max and then some, we knew we were going to go into bankruptcy from the Medical Bills anyway..
Gave her just about everything she ever wanted from Clothes, Fur Coat to taking several Trips... After She Died, I filed banktruptcy and started over.. The CC debts totaled over $55k back in the Mid 80's...btwn 11 cards.. just paying the Interest on them along the way..and I sold alot of the stuff afterwards and had over $15k to start over with...

;-)

So you are admitting you are a thief....

I bet you that the clerk had input the amount due AND the debit card number.... so I wonder if his card is now compromised :confused:

So you are admitting you are a thief....

Why shouldn't he admit it? After all, running up a MASSIVE, unconscionable debt that someone else (i.e., you and me) will have to pay later is exactly what the U.S. government is doing.

Can you say "one-time (ha ha) wealth tax on anybody with more than $100,000 net worth"?

It's coming.

Committing fraud is "working the system?" I guess Madoff was just "working the system" too?

Why shouldn't he admit it? After all, running up a MASSIVE, unconscionable debt that someone else (i.e., you and me) will have to pay later is exactly what the U.S. government is doing.

Can you say "one-time (ha ha) wealth tax on anybody with more than $100,000 net worth"?

It's coming.

Not the same... they are not 'stealing' it... we vote in the politicians and we decide what we want from them... they deliver... maybe you do not like what they do, but it is not flat out fraud...

And the gvmt is not asking you and me to pay the massive debt... they will leave that to our children and grand children.... your share you pased on so far this year is over $3,300...

It's coming.
Never happen, there are far too many people in that category to permit it. Far too many with $1M net worth to permit it at that level. Your elected reps blow with the electoral winds -- they are not suicidal. Proposals to raise taxes (like the current ones in the House health reform bill) hit the upper 2% of earners. For those couples making $350k it is (currently) a 1% increase. It doesn't get up to 5% until income is $1M+. Maybe that will get some of our investment back from Goldman Sachs. After we bailed them out, they are reporting the best quarter ever. They will distribute salary and bonuses averaging $600K for all 28k employees. Many of them will get multiple $millions.

;-)

I'm truly sorry about your wife's passing away, Dennis, but I don't think your actions really gave her "everything she (and you) wanted" (would that not have been a cure?). Stuff is just stuff.

When I looked at the title of this thread, I didn't know how to say it. :blink:

I'm sure you meant well in describing your ordeal with cancer and your financial decisions to knowingly run up bills you had no intention of paying, but I don't know if I'm more upset by the fact you deliberately stole from all those who had to pick up your tab, or the smug attitude in telling us about it. The first is clearly a crime. The second is unfathomable.

I am very sorry for your loss. I'll try to assume that was a mitigating factor.

$23 quad? Hmm...I think I mighta asked for a refund and cashed out the account.

$23 quad? Hmm...I think I mighta asked for a refund and cashed out the account.

Hmmm... $23 quad overdraft... and a $23 quad refund leaves you at zero... not a lot to cash out...

;-)

I bet your wife would be really proud of you. :(

Sorry for your losses- wife, conscience, and honest friends.

I'd incur some real difficulty paying off my balance that month should my DC totals ever reach the 17 digit range.:cool:
But you could stooze that in a one-month CD and still earn enough to ER on... talk about leverage!

We ran up all the CC's to the max and then some, we knew we were going to go into bankruptcy from the Medical Bills anyway. I sold alot of the stuff afterwards and had over $15k to start over with...

And ... you're ... proud of this?

Wow. Just .... wow.

Geech, ...

For far too much of this attitude check out the Fat Wallet forum. Also plenty on there about returning plasma tvs to Costco every 6 months to keep having the newest model at no cost - hey! it's Costco's program, take advantage of it!

well, No, I'm not proud of it butt...?

#1. This was back in the Early 80's, it's alot different now.. There was no help, nottin, you were on your own..They ( Med Bills Wanted us to File Bankruptcy and would not accept payments and didn't want to take us to court) They were Ruthless.. Why? They would get the State and Fed to pay for it...after I went bankrupt..!

#2. When your Broke an only have your Credit left to feed the Family? You'd be amazed what you will do..Let alone Give what you can to your Wife who is dying..before she goes..

3. Back then, when you couldn't make House payments after 6 mos? They Repo'd the House and evicited you and If they sold it for Less than you owed? You Still Owed the difference! And The same goes for Car Loans... Not like now-a-days, where you can just walk away..

#3. Even today..Thousands if not more, have been buying things at stores, then Re Selling them on Ebay and Personal For sale adds.. to raise Cash..

So for all you self rightous out-there? You best just Hope you don't end up in a similar situation..

Unfortuantely Thousands are with those Over Paid for homes and Very High Mrtgages( many refinanced to even Higher Amts on them after purchasing them) on homes worth 30-50% less now.. If they don't get Agreements ahead of time? And Just Give it back? They can STILL be on the Hook for whatever the house sells for vs what they owned...Thus bankruptcy is the only answer..

Are they any different? Bought a Place way over their head, Enjoyed it for several Yrs, sold the Furniture to raise Cash and then Bailed? And most Knew very well they couldn't afford those places, just like the Millions of Auto Vehicles that were sold under the same circumstances.. GM was actually Paying Buyers to buy a car with 100% financing! and giving your a $500-$,2500 cash refund! On $ you borrowed from Them! And the Car Salesmen/women Knew it, but it got them their commissions, so what did they care..! Nice Con Game!

And how about Buying Tools, etc at The Big Box stores, use them for a Few weeks and then can return them with their 30-60 -90 day rtn policy..? Same goes for That Costco and other Appliance Places.. and they Include FREE Deleivery! Need a hot tub or Above ground Pool for the 3 mo summer for FREE? many places sell them with a 90 day rtn policy.. others charge a 10-20% rtn fee... Big deal..! I know a guy down the street from me that does this every summer..and he always has a new Lawnmower! Gets a newone with a 90 day rtn, uses it for 89 days, rtns it and goes and buys another one and when Fall Comes. He rtns the 2nd one and waits till spring to do it all over again.. He's been doing that for yrs! LOL!

I'm with the VA.. guess How many guys are selling their Drugs on EBAY and other places for drugs they don't need anymore? Guess how many are Buying Drugs and Other Medical Supplies thru their Ins. co. Plans, pay the Copay /Ded. and then reSell it on EBAY and other places? How about A Used Wheelchair? Those New Scooters that Medicare pays for?

How about Buying Gardening -Plants at Home Depot , etc. that have 1 yr Guarantee's? They play the % that most won't if they die with-in that time.. but many take advantage of it and keep returning them after they Kill them with alittle gasoline to get a different one for Free.

Welcome to the Dark Side of The REAL WORLD...! On what's been really going on out-there..
and of course, 2 wrongs don't make it right either..

For far too much of this attitude check out the Fat Wallet forum. Also plenty on there about returning plasma tvs to Costco every 6 months to keep having the newest model at no cost - hey! it's Costco's program, take advantage of it!

No thanks, this thread is nauseating enough.

So Dennis...

Just because there are a lot of crooks out there... means you should become one?

I can say with 100% certainty it will not happen to me.... maybe someone in my family will get a terminal illness and it might BK me.... but I will not sell out my morals and become a crook... and believe me... I do know there are many who do what you say...

As your last statement says... two wrongs do not make a right...

Wow Dennis, it all makes sense now. Everybody else is doing it so why not you too?

So, if somebody came into your house and stole the fur coat that you "bought" for your wife, with no intention of ever paying for it, would you call the police? If so, why? After all, he's just doing to you what you were doing to the credit card company. Finder's keepers and losers weepers, eh?

This world's a jungle
There ain't no justice
Laws of nature rule this land
Better hide your horses
Bury your whiskey
Hold your woman any way you can, 'cause

Chorus:
There ain't no right or wrong
Nothin's carved in stone
It ain't cheatin' if you don't get caught
Joker's laugh and losers grieve 'cause
Out here there's no honor among thieves

That woman you've been lovin'
She was another man's
You stole her heart while his back was turned
On every corner
There's an outlaw waitin'
Who want's to teach you what you've never learned

Dennis, your seemingly random use of capitalization makes your posts challenging to read so I missed your original comments, but the reaction of a couple other board members made me take another look.

Losing a spouse must be horrible, but how did this behavior make things better? Is this the sort of skill you'd teach to your kids or brag about to your grandkids?

well, No, I'm not proud of it butt...?
and of course, 2 wrongs don't make it right either..
Well, maybe there's hope after all.

But I'm not going to keep reading to see what happens next. You have a nice life now.

Back
Top Bottom