H1N1

What Is Your H1N1 Infection/Vaccine Status?

• I've already had the disease.

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • I've had the vaccine

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I want the vaccine, but haven't yet been able to get it.

Votes: 33 44.0%
  • I don't want the vaccine.

Votes: 26 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I got my vaccine a few days ago. Glad to have it. Very well run clinic, but they had many doses left over after closing time.

What is your status/opinion?

Ha

I am one of those who prefers getting flu vaccinations to not getting them.

I was able to get vaccinated for seasonal flu, but not for H1N1. I thought that despite available doses of vaccine in my community, that you had to be younger than my age of 61, or have a chronic disease to get the H1N1 vaccine, due to the shortages. Maybe I should look into that more closely! :)

I got the seasonal flu vaccine about a month ago. I haven't checked to see about getting the H1N1 as I have presumed it is in short supply, and I don't fall in to any of the groups that are recommended to get it first. If I heard that it was widely available, I would definitely get it but I am not worried about it. I do wash my hands a lot more now.

I'll get shot when (if) they have enough to go around. But right now they're just doing the those that they say need it the most. And the way things normally work out for us, they will get plenty of the vaccine in.....as soon as we leave on vacation.....and be all out of it as soon as we return!!! :LOL:

We've had the regular flu shot already....got it at the Kroger pharmacy (no lines, no appointment). So now we'll just sit back and wait for the H1N1 vaccine to get here. :whistle:

While I voted, don't want it, I would take it if it were available. However, as, we are not in the high risk sector, I will be willing to forgo it until it becomes widely available.

I got the seasonal vaccine at work like always, as did DW, but we don't plan on going getting the H1N1 at this point.

I would take it if it were available. However, as, we are not in the high risk sector, I will be willing to forgo it until it becomes widely available.

Same here.

I got the strong feeling that they would have vaccinated a pet monkey. I think they were embarrassed to have so much left so late in the day. I saw a lot of people sitting around in a very big room holding syringes with not enough targets to stick them into.

It may be that by the end of the season they will be begging us to get the shot to prevent financial disaster for the companies who made it, or for any governments that may have provided financial backstops.

Ha

I used to get regular flu shot at my former employer's insistence (and expense). But I never saw much difference in whether I got a flu like illness each year or not. I'm not in the identified high risk for H1N1 and the last time I got a swine flu shot not much happened. Between the hassle factor and the new questions about effectiveness, or lack of effectiveness, of flu vaccines in general, I plan to sit this one out. Hopefully not sniffling all the while.

Got the seasonal vaccine pretty early. My doctor's office says they will not get H1N1 vaccine. One clinic in town got a limited supply which they used up on very high priority people, and didn't get all of them vaccinated. I don't know if they will get more.

I'd get it if I could.

Supposedly, I can get it in a week or two. Having seen the line-ups for those in higher risk groups I'll probably sit this one out. I was in the middle of the "panic" of Y2K and predicted it would be the biggest non-event of the 20th century. I hope the H1N1 scare is the biggest of the 21st.

If for some reason there's a thread like this one mentioning kumquats:( you can draw your own conclusions.

Got the vaccine Thurs at a local Health Dept. clinic. They had plenty left over and indicated their next clinic would be open to everybody. But, the state of Ohio stepped in and put the brakes on that.

I belong to the largest national HMO. Every year we get mail and email about how important, nay, critical, it is to get a flu shot. You could be enangering your life, those of your loved ones, and perhaps millions of others if you don't get it.

This year, they've run out of the seasonal flu shots. So we get a letter in the mail saying don't worry, it's not really that important, just wash your hands, cover your mouth if you sneeze, etc.

I'll probably get the shots elsewhere if they are available, but this BS propaganda spin crap is really annoying me. Just tell the truth (whatever it is). We're all adults, we can handle it. :mad::mad::mad:

Ha, did they say ahead of time that they were vaccinating anyone, regardless of risk group?

Do not need it now but we did get it for the kids. We also got the seasonal vaccine for all.

I had H1N1 and while it did not last long a fever of 103 and a pulse of 150 for almost 24hrs was no fun. I was panting like a dog to breath. Tamiflu really turn it around fast however. I would have gotten the shot if it had been available to my age group.

I plan to get it. DD just got both last Wed, so hopefully she has time to build up some immunity. Local school is back up to 96% attendance. Two weeks ago it was 82%.

I was able to get my children the shot just last week, but DH and I are unable to receive it so far, since we didn't "qualify" (we will get it when we can, though).

H1N1 is sweeping through my kids' elementary school despite the school's best efforts to scrub/sanitize/monitor/etc. A full 25% of the 3rd grade was out about 2 weeks ago. Yuck. It's a miracle my son didn't catch it, since washing hands methodically isn't always a 9-year-old boy's best skill... :(

Got ours a couple of weeks ago. With the evening news broadcasting every night that the vaccine is in short supply we were surprised to see that a local pharmacy had it. We called to make sure they were giving it to everyone (we're not in a high risk group) and they said they were. We were the only people in the place and it took all of about 5 minutes.

Glad to have it.

I had the flu but if I could have had the vaccine I would have gotten it . I have asthma and the flu was pretty mild but turned suddenly to severe bronchitis . I was fine one day and the next I was in an urgent care with severe shortness of breath .

I got the vaccine on October 26th. (I'm a healthcare worker). IMHO it's not just to protect me, it's to protect my patients. And my colleagues.

I am a healthy middle-aged male, so I am at the back of the line, but I will take the shot when available. Meantime, I am taking 6,000 units (I upped it) vitamin D3 every day. It is said to prevent flu. Maybe it does. Two of us at work had a head cold at the same time last week. We think we got it from the same source. It was only an annoyance for me, but the other guy had a high fever and was in worse shape.

Oh, yeah. Got the seasonal flu shot about a month ago or more.

Here's a cool H1N1 map. It could help some decide if it's worth getting the vaccine or not based on how many confirmed cases there have been in the area you live. I've cross referenced Estonia to find that the map is accurate for here.

FluTracker - H1N1 Swine Flu and Influenza Outbreak Tracking from Rhiza Labs

We don't plan to get the vaccine since Tallinn, a city of some 400,000 has only had 1 non-fatal case of H1N1 and that was back in May. It wouldn't make any sense in my mind to get it with that kind of odds. Can't say I know if it's even available at the moment anyway.

DW and I are not eligible since we are not high risk. We have secured two shots for our kids tomorrow morning since they are in the high risk group. That is who we were most concerned about anyway since they are little disease vectors and they associate with other little disease vectors more than DW and I.

I am a healthy middle-aged male.....I am taking 6,000 units (I upped it) vitamin D3 every day.

Just so you know, side effects of too much Vitamin D include a high serum calcium, high blood pressure, kidney stones and heart arrhythimas. The NIH advises that the tolerable upper limit of Vitamin D for men is 2000 units per day. Sustained intake of 2500 units per day are reported to cause toxicity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom