Problems changing my avatar

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I've changed it many times before with no problems but it doesn't seem to work now. When I uploaded a new picture, it seemed to work and showed the new one but the old one still remained when I posted a message. I even tried deleting the current picture without adding a new one and the old one still displays. That Santa cat doesn't seem to want to let go! Suggestions??

Hmmm...that's one tough kitty. I'm no admin/mod, but did you click on the 'save changes' before you left the page?

Maybe the system goes by the rule that tomorrow is the 12th day of Christmas?

I'm no techie but I always seem to have to go with the option of first declaring "no avatar" and then go back and "create custom avatar." YMMV, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will help you soon.

Last edited:
Maybe the system goes by the rule that tomorrow is the 12th day of Christmas?

I'm no techie but I always seem to have to go with the option of first declaring "no avatar" and then go back and "create custom avatar." YMMV, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will help you soon.

This worked CuppaJoe! BTW, the new avatar is a kitten fostered by DH and I many moons ago. She symbolizes the baby new year:flowers:

Maybe the Christmas kitty has nine lives and wasn't ready to go?..:angel:

This worked CuppaJoe! BTW, the new avatar is a kitten fostered by DH and I many moons ago. She symbolizes the baby new year:flowers:
What a great avatar, Purron. I never tire of saying my current Fluffy was straight out of Foster care, it makes a world of difference, she is so tame and friendly.

My new avatar is in honor of my favorite thread from 2009, amusing that Westernskies was the last poster here. It was his thread on the National Parks. Can anyone guess which National property? Hint: it’s technically a National Historic Site.

Hint: it’s technically a National Historic Site.

Don't know what your avatar picture is but am feeling the great state of Pennsylvania. Perhaps a Civil War historic site?

Hey, CJ, just read your new signature line. I remember a similar saying: "Lack of money is the root of all evil" - George Bernard Shaw.

Hey, CJ, just read your new signature line. I remember a similar saying: "Lack of money is the root of all evil" - George Bernard Shaw.

Yeah, and this makes me think of "Money" by Pink Floyd. DH and I saw them live back in the day. "We were so much older then, we're younger than that now"

YouTube - Money - Pink Floyd + Lyrics

Don't know what your avatar picture is but am feeling the great state of Pennsylvania. Perhaps a Civil War historic site?

It's not in Civil War country. I'm probably full of BS but it reminds me of how some artists describe the light in its region; I've been there recently.

The quote in my sig. line is attributed to "unknown." Evil of me not to credit him/her.>:D

Purron: your new avatar resembles my kitten. And I am a fan of The Byrds, too. :)
Cuppa: your avatar reminds me of when I visited Valley Forge- you Americans sure know how to make a historical place look glamourous!:)

Purron: your new avatar resembles my kitten. And I am a fan of The Byrds, too. :)
Cuppa: your avatar reminds me of when I visited Valley Forge- you Americans sure know how to make a historical place look glamourous!:)

Though to be accurate, it was a Dylan song...

Though to be accurate, it was a Dylan song...
HFWR: I thought as much, but wasn´t sure. But even so, I prefer The Byrds version of that one. The same can be said of MrTambourine Man and many others.
At the risk of being controversial I think Dylan, as a singer, has been a bit overrated.

Back
Top Bottom