Burns on the Kaderlis

donheff

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Scott Burns has a niece piece on the Kaderlis' experiences in Chapala. He interviewed them over Skype and concludes that they know what they are talking about when they say ER is about embracing a lifestyle.

Good article.

It's interesting how nearly every journalist makes it sound as though they were the ones who sought out the Kaderlis and gave them their first opportunity to tell about their lifestyle. Apparently the fact that the journalist considers them interview-worthy is supposed to be sufficient credibility/history.

At least TMF lets you know that they're catching back up with Billy & Akaisha as part of a continuing series.

I found it to be a bit of content-free fluff. Sure you can live on SS but that is not the point of the Kaderlies. They make the point about being involved with their community. If you live in Ajijic, you are in an old expat ghetto. They live in Chappala to have Mexican neighbors. That gets glossed over. The tennis courts are there because they were instrumental in raising the funding for them.

I guess the article is worth what I paid for it!

The title of the thread made me first think the Kaderlis had been in a fire! The article is fine - it met the word count and deadline. However, he was able to get the Kaderli's attitude or take on life correct. I think they're great! And they do prove that you can have a fulfilling life at less thanhalf the price.

Back
Top Bottom