Used Car Central

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
My 28YO son is looking to purchase his first car (the '96 Toyota that I gave him is looking bad)~Requirements used, 2-3 YO, probably $10K-15K range (cash of course).

He has asked me to help him upgrade his ride and tomorrow is the day we go out there and buy his new car.

Any suggestions are appreciated. :greetings10:

Since American cars take the biggest hit in the first 2 to 3 years thats the direction I would go. Maybe a certified car would be a good choice with the extra power train warranty included.

A 2 or 3 year old Honda, Toyota, or Nissan could very well be close in price to a new one.

Since American cars take the biggest hit in the first 2 to 3 years thats the direction I would go. Maybe a certified car would be a good choice with the extra power train warranty included.

A 2 or 3 year old Honda, Toyota, or Nissan could very well be close in price to a new one.

+1 - a Ford Fusion is a pretty good car and the youngster might even like it.

I just purchased a 2007 Ford Fusion Sel that is loaded with only 25,000 miles on it for 16,000. My 24 and 22 year old daughters actually love it. You could certainly get one for less money that doesn't have as many features on it.

I would suggest Hyundai.... they are getting up there with the Toyota and Honda (maybe better:confused:)... and they still depreciate quicker...

A couple of years ago I bought a used Chevy Malibu in that price range and I've been very happy with it. Six cylinder, gets 35 MPG on the highway and great crash test ratings.

Coach

Back
Top Bottom