ychuck46

Recycles dryer sheets
Just moved from NY State to Crossville, TN. Almost 57 yrs old, married, with one married daughter. Wife already retired from the NY State system. Plan to join her probably no later than 62 but we'll see how it goes.

Assets - $1.7M with about a 70/20/10 mix of stocks/bonds/cash. Consider myself a moderately aggressive investor.

Income - approximately $200K/year.

Look forward to learning from and contributing to this group.

Welcome ychuck. Be sure to see our FAQs and use the search function. You'll be surprised at what is here.

Welcome to the forum. :flowers:
Congrats on the exodus from NY. I'm currently launching a plan to do same next year. :clap:
$4200 per year in property taxes on a modest vintage 1977 home out in the boonies, plus 8.5% sales tax, astronomical gasoline taxes, soft drink taxes, tanning booth use* taxes, yadda yadda yadda...I've had enough. :greetings10:

* does not affect me personally, but gimme a break.

Wellcome!

I hope you have a sense of humor. You´ll need it around here.:D

From New York to Crossville, TN--any culture shock?

Welcome to the boards!

Welcome! Sounds like got things worked out pretty darn good. Look forward to your contributions to the forum.

Freebird, We were paying ~$7000/per year in property taxes, plus high income taxes in NY. Bought a house twice as large (5000 sqft vs 2500 sqft) and my taxes in TN are $2000, and no income taxes. Helps when you aren't supporting all the welfare cheats and all the "entitlement" programs. Sales tax is higher and they go after dividend income, but it is still worth it.

Bestwifeever, we researched this area beforehand, and I liked TN in general. Smaller town so you have to get used to it, but great people. Four seasons but much milder compared to where I came from (Upstate NY), and we are away from the bigger cities (Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis).

Freebird, We were paying ~$7000/per year in property taxes, plus high income taxes in NY. Bought a house twice as large (5000 sqft vs 2500 sqft) and my taxes in TN are $2000, and no income taxes. Helps when you aren't supporting all the welfare cheats and all the "entitlement" programs. Sales tax is higher and they go after dividend income, but it is still worth it.
Wooooooooo :nonono:....you just made me feel better about my property taxes.
The Empire State has truly become the Welfare State. And it is just gonna get worse. :(
My flight plans are 1 or 2 years worst case depending on the house sale timing.

Hope your new home w*rks out well. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom