Retirement

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
2004 Dec 31 was my official day of retirement.

Attachments

• congratulations_cat.jpg
    congratulations_cat.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 345
Happy Anniversary. Can you give us a summary--both financially and emotionally--of your 6 years of ER? I.e., how the heck ya' doin'.

Congratulations! Interesting that you joined this group after retirement - so the retirement wasn't based on reading these posts. :D

Congratulations! Interesting that you joined this group after retirement - so the retirement wasn't based on reading these posts. :D

My retirement was mainly based on reading REHP.

Happy Anniversary. Can you give us a summary--both financially and emotionally--of your 6 years of ER? I.e., how the heck ya' doin'.

I can't imagine how I survived in that cubicle in the basement.

My health has improved very much since.

My emotions vary depending on many things, but all that w*rk crap is not part of the equation.

Financially: have no problem living on my small pension; have started 'harvesting' CDs; need to start tapping TSP/IRAs...

I don't recall seeing your trip report and how you survived TSA check lines. Maybe I missed it. More travel for you in the future?

I don't recall seeing your trip report and how you survived TSA check lines. Maybe I missed it. More travel for you in the future?

May have mentioned some stuff.
Travel was not bad.
Had to take off shoes & put stuff in bins (kitty litter boxes).
Might have gone through metal detector.
At Dayton airport, was told to sit in chair (kindergarten flashbacks) while they ran computer & carryon through separately.
Bar opens at 8AM at airports except for Sundays (~1PM).
Dayton does not have broadband; Philadelphia & Wilmington & Charlotte do.

First air travel in ~15 years; maybe more in future.

First air travel in ~15 years; maybe more in future.
All right! Looks like you found someone to take care of the kitty, which was a main reason you could not travel.

PS. Future travel with companion? Ah, I am just being nosy. ;)

All right! Looks like you found someone to take care of the kitty, which was a main reason you could not travel.

PS. Future travel with companion? Ah, I am just being nosy. ;)

Left cat in house with much food & water & litter.

Future travel? Will see.

I cannot do that with the cat we have now. She would eat until she barfs. Rinse and repeat. Good thing my son still lives at home.

Happy Anniversary Khan. Starting on your 7th year now - feeling itchy yet?

It seems fitting that on my six month anniversary, I congratulate you on six years. You are an inspiration to us all.

Back
Top Bottom