My Part Time Job ended yesterday

FreeAtLast

Full time employment: Posting here.
The company where I worked for 8 years has been in poor financial shape over the past 3 years. Many good people have left during this time. I was asked to go to part time about 3 years ago which worked out well for me to transition into retirement.

Yesterday I was called into the conference room just before lunch and I was told that they were letting me go effective immediately.

They also asked if I wanted to do occasional work for them as no one else knows their computer system as I do.

I told them I would stay on as a part time employee if they paid my health insurance and would just expect to be paid for the hours I work on a W2 basis. They told me they would get back to me.

I had a brief talk with my co-worker after the meeting and I left for home and had my lunch.

I am in good shape financially so no worry there.

Today I slept in, went to Home Depot, got ready to do some painting tomorrow.

A new chapter in my life has begun.

Yes... congrats...

Hope they take your offer as the insurance is probably a cost that you would rather pass to someone else...

Heck, I might say 'pay my insurance and I will work X number of hours a month for you before charging'... the negative to that is they will probably call more often as your time is now 'free'...

Congrats! Will you get unemployment since you were part time? If so, that can offset some of the healthcare cost. It's probably a moot point.

Congrats! Will you get unemployment since you were part time?

I am not sure about the unemployment. I filed an application last night, as I was technically laid off. I will just see where it goes. I qualify for widow benefits when I turn 60 in June.

Back
Top Bottom