Saying of the Day.......

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I thought it would be fun to try this thread. Please share one saying per day, could be one you heard, you made up, you got from a relative, whatever.

Here's one I made up about 15 years ago: "Always leave the window of opportunity open, so the breeze of destiny can blow in"........

My Dad's motto has always been, "Plan your work and work your plan".

When learning to drive my Dad would say...."it's better to be wrong than dead right". I've never forgotten that one and my children heard it many times from me:)

"The sweetness of low price is long forgot after the bitterness of poor quality and service sets in" And my old teaching standby when I was a retail manager: "The customer is NEVER right, but they're always the customer!"

I can't confine it to one, I've collected personally meaningful adages all my life. Guess I'll contribute the one in my sig line below.

"No one has ever used my name and normal in the same sentence."

grasshopper

Courtesy of my Dad and Grandad - they are of a distinctly US southern flavor:

The road to hell was paved with good intentions.

Do it- it will help you build character

Don't let your alligator mouth overload your butterfly behind

Courtesy of my other grandfather:

When you are up to your a$$ in alligators, it is difficult to remember that all you wanted to do was drain the swamp.

Never kick a fresh turn on a hot day

[SIZE=+2]`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.[/SIZE]

Money can't buy happiness. It is happiness.

- Jack Donaghy

[SIZE=+2]`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.[/SIZE]

Stayed a couple nights, and took the pic below, (circa 1983 in Llandudno, Wales), of the building, (unfortunately since razed), once home to Alice Liddell's (Alice in Wonderland) parents:

P6197031.JPG

"Money can't buy you happiness, but it gives you choices"..........(my granddad, about 1973)

Stayed a couple nights, and took the pic below, (circa 1983 in Llandudno, Wales), of the building, (unfortunately since razed), once home to Alice Liddell's (Alice in Wonderland) parents:
Nemo, that is so cool! What an awesome house and I am sad that it was demolished. Neato!

'You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.'.....Mae West

Don't take life too seriously - you're not about to get out of it alive!

You never get a second chance to make a first impression?

"We are born wet, naked, and hungry. Then things get worse."

I was born with nothing.... and I still have most of it left

Not really a saying, but I heard this on the tv show Hairy Bikers a few nights ago - "He is nuttier than a squirrel turd".

HFWR said:
Always; no, wait, never...

From Steve Martin, right? "I will always remember what my father told me: Always; no, wait, never..."

Back
Top Bottom