Christmas Tree Cutting Schedule

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Help resolve this annual discussion. Lena thinks that all Christmas trees are cut before thanksgiving, and then trucked to the selling locations. I think that they are cut as needed. That is, a tree on the lot on Dec 20 was probably cut in December.

Which?

Neither. They come out of the attic and get set up just like last year!

Neither. They come out of the attic and get set up just like last year!
No they don't. You pull the sheet off the tree and bring it up from the basement with lights and ornaments still on. Just put a yuletime skirt around the base and plug it in, instant Christmas! Decorating took minutes this year...

Many or most that you find on a Christmas tree lot were probably harvested in November. My brother has a small tree farm and is selling some of his trees wholesale this year. He cut a couple hundred in November that he then delivered to the buyers. People who come out to the farm cut their tree when they pick it out and purchase it.

Thanksgiving night someone tried to steal a tree. The renter's dog started barking in the early morning so he went outside to check it out. He found some people with a flashlight and hacksaw trying to cut a tree. He ran them off!!

No they don't. You pull the sheet off the tree and bring it up from the basement with lights and ornaments still on. Just put a yuletime skirt around the base and plug it in, instant Christmas! Decorating took minutes this year...

I like that even better. Let me work on that...

Help resolve this annual discussion. Lena thinks that all Christmas trees are cut before thanksgiving, and then trucked to the selling locations. I think that they are cut as needed. That is, a tree on the lot on Dec 20 was probably cut in December.
Which?
Al, it's a six-day transit just for the container ship to go from the West Coast to Hawaii. And it arrives on the day after Thanksgiving.

I don't know what you bet Lena, but you might as well start paying it now...

Dilbert's Ultimate House (publicized by Scott Adams a few years ago) had a special closet off the livingroom whose sole purpose was to hold the perpetually-decorated artificial Christmas tree. The long cord stayed plugged into a receptacle inside the closet so the tree didn't even need to be plugged in once it was put into place.

Well, there's only one serious reply so far (tropical islands don't count), and I'm never sure if REWahoo is joking or not.

Well, there's only one serious reply so far (tropical islands don't count), and I'm never sure if REWahoo is joking or not.

I googled, but didn't bother to post since REWahoo already gave you the correct answer.

I thought you'd listen to REWahoo.

-ERD50

One of the few decent gifts my SIL ever gave me. No watering required. Just a new light bulb every few years.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!g0E7SuiqL+eBO3s,gUuQw~~60_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqN,!g0E7SuiqL+eBO3s,gUuQw~~60_3.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 1
Lena says "Thank you ER forum."

Ours lives in a box in the basement. I have to plug all the branches in, make sure all the prewired lights work, then DW takes over decorating.

I count two.
Sorry Al, Lena is correct.

Many or most that you find on a Christmas tree lot were probably harvested in November. My brother has a small tree farm and is selling some of his trees wholesale this year. He cut a couple hundred in November that he then delivered to the buyers. People who come out to the farm cut their tree when they pick it out and purchase it.

Thanksgiving night someone tried to steal a tree. The renter's dog started barking in the early morning so he went outside to check it out. He found some people with a flashlight and hacksaw trying to cut a tree. He ran them off!!
This is an example of REW when he's joking

Last edited:

Which?

Depends on where you buy it. I'm fairly certain that the big sellers (Home depot, walmart etc), the trees are all cut more or less at once, and trucked down.

On the other hand, I buy from small roadside maple sugar house near my house , he has 20-30 trees at a time, and cuts more as he needs them.

Totally variable (at least from my childhood memories).

Back
Top Bottom