Happy to be retired at 49

okbeachmouse

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hello everyone :)

Just want to introduce myself and say I am happy to have found this forum.

My DH is 50 and I am 49. Last December (the 19th to be exact) we officially left the rat race behind and moved to our dream destination in sunny Florida. Prior I worked as a nurse and DH was running his business. I'm done with nursing and DH turned his business over to his younger brother. We had been planning this for awhile, and finally all the years of my DH being a workaholic and us sacrificing balance for FIRE have paid off. I feel like I am walking on air :D

I initially wondered how my DH would adjust to life without his business, and I am happy to report he is doing fabulous. I knew I wouldn't have a problem with it, lol.

This is such an exciting time for us, and I want to make the most of it in every possible way :dance:

Happy to be here!

Nice job! I hope you continue to post here, it sounds like you have a lot to add to the forum.

Congrats! There is nothing like retirement. I'm sure you will enjoy the next chapter in your life. See what it has done for me.

img_1155638_0_6cdbce8190f99e5d3742edaeebd204d2.gif

Congrats! I got out at 49 also. It has been 5 and a 1/2 years of bliss - not having to deal with the company BS is a dream come true!
Enjoy! :dance:

Congrats and welcome to the forum. All that and your husband was able to make his family happy. :)

Thanks for the welcome. I've enjoyed reading here today and hope to learn a lot as we navigate through this transition. So far so good :D

Congrats and welcome aboard. You will find lots of like minded people here, jump right in and keep us posted. :)

Back
Top Bottom