3. Get a job.
4. Get a CFP.
5. Get a PhD.
6. Create a mission & vision statement.
7. Lose weight.
8. Compete in a triathlon.
9. Run a marathon.
10. Shovel snow.

I don't really have a bucket list, but there are a few things I'd like to do. I know, I know, you are afraid I am going to bring up my usual RV destinations again.

I still have to read "War and Peace" along with a few other classics. I am not ready to cross them off. I may finally read them in the nursing home, but I will. I am not going to quit before I even start.

1. Buy a bucket.

2. Move to Slidell Louisiana.

heh heh heh - :dance:

I still have to read "War and Peace" along with a few other classics. I am not ready to cross them off. I may finally read them in the nursing home, but I will. I am not going to quit before I even start.
Don't wait too long.

When my grandfather entered a care facility, he brought along a new paperback set of Shakespeare's plays. (His old leather-bound set took up too much space for his room.) Unfortunately by that age he was deep into dementia and had almost no short-term memory.

Every morning he got to discover Shakespeare again for the first time. But he only had the patience to read about 15 pages, which were very dog-eared from several thousand mornings of this re-discovery. The rest of the set was pristine.

Great thread :D

1. Learn to sky-dive [-]jump out of a perfectly good airplane[/-]
2. Run for public office and do some good :LOL:
3. Wear a size 8 dress
4. Become a millionaire by winning the NYS Lottery (hey, ya never know :rolleyes: )
4a. Marry a millionaire
5. Own a cabin cruiser
6. Move to the island of Crete
7. Finish my Masters' degree
8. Become a reknown technical expert in my field
9. Invent something and start a small business
10. Go back to w*rk :nonono:

Get a degree every 10 years (3 is enough)

Don't wait too long.

When my grandfather entered a care facility, he brought along a new paperback set of Shakespeare's plays. (His old leather-bound set took up too much space for his room.) Unfortunately by that age he was deep into dementia and had almost no short-term memory.

Every morning he got to discover Shakespeare again for the first time. But he only had the patience to read about 15 pages, which were very dog-eared from several thousand mornings of this re-discovery. The rest of the set was pristine.

That's depressing!

So, why do I need to read anything? I will forget it soon. But, even if I do not forget it, what do I do with the knowledge? In fact, why do anything at all, because we do not live forever? Should I post that song "Dust in the Wind" again?

I am going to pour myself a drink though, while I continue to contemplate this deeper philosophical question that I have been thinking about since the age of 15.

Spoken like a PhD!

These are all things I thought I might do someday, but no longer want to do:

Buy a bigger, newer house

Start running again (I'll stick to walking)

Change jobs to earn more $$$

Move to a more attractive locale ( we will probably stay here and just travel due to the low cost of living)

Visit every continent.....

Nords--love your list! Only things I want to keep doing are making the bed and getting haircuts. They are both antidepressants for me. And Free bird, I'm on board with every one of yours. Right now I can't even think of anything to add.:cool:

Nords--love your list! Only things I want to keep doing are making the bed and getting haircuts. They are both antidepressants for me. And Free bird, I'm on board with every one of yours. Right now I can't even think of anything to add.:cool:

:D

Something will occur to you...

Sail to Tahiti - Once a plan and now I find myself at age 56 barely capable of sailing accross a small lake.

I can think of one thing I definitely have on my Fuggedaboutit List:
1. Bucket list

Maybe it is just a temporary state of my mind, but being borderline FI and moving closer to RE there is just one more thing I absolutely want to do with my life, and that is FIRE. What goes beyond that, there are obviously lots of things that would be nice to do, but then again if I don't get there something else just as nice will do just as well. I simply don't want to spoil the rest of my life by deciding that there is a list of things I absolutely need to do before I die. Just sounds way too much like w@rk. Well, I guess that was kind of the whole point of this thread...

Last edited:
Visit far flung locations. Buy a uber-luxury car. Buy an airplane. Get a pilot's license. Buy a castle.

Money in the bank has become more important than any of those things to me. And I discovered that I don't enjoy travel as much as I thought I did.

What? Not even travel? Just money in the bank? Are you related to Scrooge too? Then, we must be distant relatives.

I can think of one thing I definitely have on my Fuggedaboutit List:
1. Bucket list

Maybe it is just a temporary state of my mind, but being borderline FI and moving closer to RE there is just one more thing I absolutely want to do with my life, and that is FIRE. What goes beyond that, there are obviously lots of things that would be nice to do, but then again if I don't get there something else just as nice will do just as well. I simply don't want to spoil the rest of my life by deciding that there is a list of things I absolutely need to do before I die. Just sounds way too much like w@rk. Well, I guess that was kind of the whole point of this thread...

I love it! Who is telling us that we must complete a bucket list before we die? Good point. :LOL:

Visit far flung locations. Buy a uber-luxury car. Buy an airplane. Get a pilot's license. Buy a castle.

Money in the bank has become more important than any of those things to me. And I discovered that I don't enjoy travel as much as I thought I did.

Aha! So, I'm not the only one who is not presently fond of endless travel. :D

Back
Top Bottom