Poll:How long ago did you eat your last Twinkie?

Last Twinkie???

• Last 6 months

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Between 6 mos and one year

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Between one and 5 years

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Between 5 and 10 years

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • Over 10 years

Votes: 76 75.2%

• Total voters

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Since hearing about Hostess's problems, I got to think about how long it has been since I ate my last Twinkie. Have no idea but I'll guess between 5 and 10 years. And in doing an informal survey of family and friends, I have not come across anyone who says they have had a Twinkie within the last 5 years. Either I have friends who are healthy or are liars. :) How about you?

Last edited:
I have never eaten a Twinkie. Now I'm wondering if I missed something.

Ally:

Guess I should have added that option. Not sure how to modify a poll once it has been created.

That's fine. I wonder if there's anyone else who hasn't had one.

I have never eaten an entire Twinkie, AFAIK, Ally. I do not care for them. I have eaten other Hostess products, though, and my favorite was the snowball.

I also have never eaten a Twinkie. It's vaguely possible that I took a bite of one once and refused to finish the rest.

There are so many better snacks to have with your cup of tea, like chocolate-covered digestives, or Jaffa Cakes. I hear that Hob-Nobs are great but have been away from the UK for too long to have tried one.

I voted 5 to 10 years ago. Twinkies tasted better when I was a kid and didn't suffer a sugar high as much as now.

I am sure I ate a Twinkie. That must have been 30+ years ago, because that puts the time back to when I was in college. I could eat anything back then.

Despite all the badmouthing, I don't think eating a Twinkie would kill any of us. Ah, come on! It is no gourmet food and may taste too sweet, but lethal it is not. And I just looked up on the Web to see that this 1.5-oz delight was only 150 calories, which could be burned off in just 42 min of walking.

Last edited:
Last one was between one and five years ago, when doing a roadtrip in the USA. Twinkies were never my favorite Hostess confection. I preferred their cupcakes, which I have had once within the past 12 months.

R

at least once a year i get the urge.

i do find them way to sweet lately compared to what i remember them as. i much prefer sno-balls.

I've never eaten a Twinkie.....nor have I eaten bubble wrap or cardboard.

300pxa_long_time_ago.jpg

But I was more an aficionado of Ho Hos & Sno Balls...

Tyro

I think I was in elementary school when I last had a Twinkie (and I'm 58 now). I prefer things with more texture. As a child I did have a real love for ladylocks (sp?) though, the rolled puff pastry filled with cream. My father used to buy me one as a treat at the Barkus Bakery in Pittsburgh, whenever we were "in town" together.

Can't recall eating one. If I did it wasn't that memorable.

I don't recall ever eating a Twinkie.

I can neither confirm nor deny that I ever consumed a Twinkie or any other Hostess product. As a child, perhaps. Since college, none. There were always tastier and more filling choices.

Back
Top Bottom