Still hanging on, but no longer miserable !

mystang52

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A while back I wrote of my "suffering" while counting down to my retirement. Well, I'm on home stretch now to my 3/1 ER date. In my mind, it's one month to go, and a short month at that (cruise at end of December).
I'll be a classic "ROAD Engineer" come January and then it's easy coasting 'til my 2/18 notice date.
I've encountered a few work-related problems the last couple of weeks and realized ---I don't give a %$#@ ! All of a sudden, those problems shrunk in size. It's easy sledding from here.

Congrats!
Amazing how FI puts those lingering problems at w@rk into proper perspective.

It gets even easier... the closer you get... I am down to 13 days I actually have lots to do but the pressure of the larger long projects are off my back which was always the most stressful part of the job...

Congrats. You will find that the problems will continue to shrink in size as you get closer and should be at about zero after you ER.

Don't be surprised if once in a while the first few weeks of RE that you dream about stuff at work. You will wake up a bit cranky. And then it dawns on you that that crap is not your problem anymore:dance:

And all the crankiness goes away you will feel absolutely wonderful!!:LOL:

I am down to about 1 year left to go. I am smiling a little more at the office...but I find my patience level is much shorter in dealing with the academic types than it ever was before. One bucket fills up while the other bucket empties...

I just finished our quarterly project, which included some necessary follow-up in mid-March. Of course, I'll be gone 2 weeks by then so who cares?!!!

Congratulations, mystang52.
A while back I wrote of my "suffering" while counting down to my retirement. Well, I'm on home stretch now to my 3/1 ER date. In my mind, it's one month to go, and a short month at that (cruise at end of December).
I'll be a classic "ROAD Engineer" come January and then it's easy coasting 'til my 2/18 notice date.
I've encountered a few work-related problems the last couple of weeks and realized ---I don't give a %$#@ ! All of a sudden, those problems shrunk in size. It's easy sledding from here.

On way to work this morning, my commuter train stopped and conductor announced we were delayed due to stalled train ahead of us. Most of my fellow passengers groaned, presumably because they would get to work later than planned.
....I just kept reading my book. Life is good.

Back
Top Bottom