Car Insurance help

JustMeUC

Recycles dryer sheets
I sold my Z4 when I left the country 3 years ago and at that time I had Geico. The deductible was $1000 and my yearly payment was $790. High I thought but whatever... got to have it.

Today, I decided to go buy a car and purchased the much more sensible Hyundai Genesis. Called Geigo and they quoted me $1100 a year!! That was with a $1000 deductible also. I assumed that this car would be LESS than the sporty Z4 but no........ (I was told that only old fogeys normally drive the Z4 and it was not a high-risk car actually :blush: )

Nationwide and state farm were even more expensive than geigo!

I am not sure who else to check with? any advice?

It is so dag-gone complicated deciding all the choices of coverage and what and how much do I really need? errr.....

My sister just reminded me of Costco. They beat Geico by $337 dollars
:dance:

Definitely pays to shop around. Try Progressive. I have my car insured thru Encompass. They also insure my house. My car insurance portion is $439 with a $1,000 deductible. They give discounts when they also insure your house. Most do. BTW I have a Volkswagon Toureg. Not certain how they rate the vehicle but it has a Porsche Cayenne Base (without the price tag).

I got quotes a couple of years ago from Progressive that were definitely competitive.

Use a broker and they will do this legwork for you, but Progressive is good as is Safeco. They base rates on your credit rating more than the car you drive in many cases.

Back
Top Bottom