44 Beloved Snacks You'll Never Be Able To Eat Again

Gee, I just logged on and saw this post at the top.

Looked through the list.

I have never had any of them so will not miss them.

The only one I ever heard of was cinnamon TicTacs. They were good, but I only had them once or twice.

Gee, I just logged on and saw this post at the top.

Looked through the list.

I have never had any of them so will not miss them.

+1

Some things are better forgotten...

I ate those Planters Cheese Balls a lot when I was a kid but it's been 20 years. Never tried anything else on the list.

I ate those Planters Cheese Balls a lot when I was a kid but it's been 20 years. Never tried anything else on the list.

Well, Aaron, thanks a lot. Maybe if you had tried Carnation Breakfast bars, they would still be produced. I just can't believe they're no longer sold. (I guess it might be better for me to face up to the ugly reality that I'll never taste a Carnation Breakfast bar again).

I get a sense that they are no longer being produced because there was very little market for them. I can't say that I have ever tried any of these products either.
Prof 12

Well, Aaron, thanks a lot. Maybe if you had tried Carnation Breakfast bars, they would still be produced. I just can't believe they're no longer sold. (I guess it might be better for me to face up to the ugly reality that I'll never taste a Carnation Breakfast bar again).

Preceding the Breakfast Bars (which I'd never tried) were the Breakfast Squares, which were a staple in college. Coincidentally, they came 2 in a package; 3 packages in a box -- just like Pop-Tarts, and consumption went about the same way...
Paula Poundstone -2- Pop Tarts, Death, Therapy, Darryl Hannah, Movies - YouTube

Last edited:
I was sorry to see that the Brach's "Pick-a-mix" chewy candies are gone. Hadn't seen them in awhile at the store, but who knew they were gone for good.

I also had the Uncle Ben's Rice Bowls a few times--not bad. Probably better for me than those Dinty Moore lunches in the plastic tray I ate at my desk for about 6 years. Just get hungry enough and they taste good.

Not only have I never eaten any of these items but other than the
Ben & Jerry's Tennessee Mud flavor ice cream, I wouldn't want to eat any of those things! That flavor was discontinued in 1989 and that's probably the last time I purchased anything with the Ben & Jerry name on it. B1G1F? You can keep it!

I think I recall eating Apple Newtons once or twice. If I could eat things like cookies, I'd definitely try the peanut butter Oreos.

If you miss the Coke w/lime, went to Five Guys and they have the newer Coke branded drink "mixing" machines. Lime and a host of other flavors are available (Cherry, Strawberry,Lemon, Raspberry, Grape, etc). I actually made a Fanta lime, tasted like Green River and later mixed in Reg. Coke to make a Coke w/lime.

I ate Burger King's Chicken Fries a bunch of times in my last year or two of working (2007-08). They were one of the few edible things at the awful food court at the shopping mall near my old office.

Those Hula burgers cracked me up: how vile! Pineapple and cheese on a bun. Why in the world would McDonalds see those as attracting Catholics during Lent when they had the classic fish burger?
The rest of the items on this list seem equally vile to me.

Back
Top Bottom