The Big Game

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Okay, since the Har-bowl is only a few days away and I haven't seen any predictions yet, I'll start.

I think the two teams are very similar. The most noticeable differences, the 49ers have a very mobile QB, whereas the Ravens do not. First time in Superbowl for both QBs.

Also, the Ravens have a better kicker and Akers for the 49ers missed the most kicks of anyone in the NFL this year.

The game is a toss up but I'm picking 49ers 30, Ravens 24.

I think the winner is going to be New Orleans. You would not believe how much hotel rooms cost here right now! According to the local news, you can't get a hotel room at any price that is any closer than Baton Rouge, and they are $350+/night there.The Superbowl tourists are splashing money right and left for souvenirs and whatever else they want.

Thank you, Superbowl attendees! Our economy can use a boost and truly, we are the overall winners. And good luck, Ravens and 49'ers, may the best team win the actual game itself. :)

If I were to be "betting" on the game :whistle:, I'd go with the Ravens... (But, either could win on any given day)

Last edited:
I think the winner is going to be New Orleans. You would not believe how much hotel rooms cost here right now! According to the local news, you can't get a hotel room at any price that is any closer than Baton Rouge, and they are $350+/night there.The Superbowl tourists are splashing money right and left for souvenirs and whatever else they want.

Thank you, Superbowl attendees! Our economy can use a boost and truly, we are the overall winners. And good luck, Ravens and 49'ers, may the best team win the actual game itself. :)

Was watching the CBS This Morning News coverage and the anchors have their own set for the coverage today, Fri and Sat. Drew Brees stopped by the set to chat. Tomorrow Eli Manning scheduled to stop by. I forget that Archie played for the Saints. One piece mentioned how Eli and Peyton as kids would chow down on plenty of Po' Boys at one restaurant.

Last edited:

Agree - and New Orleans certainly needs the tourist $$.

Our usual plan is to turn on the game, have a special menu, enjoy the food, drink and each other's company during the game, but watch the commercials.

I don't usually follow pro football, but I'll support the home team. Go 49ers!

My heart is with the Ravens since they are from the east and vanquished my Patriots to get to the Super Bowl (I'm still wondering why the Pats defense and offense didn't show up for the second half of the AFC Championship game).

My head is telling me that the 49ers are looking pretty strong.

So I'm still undecided, but am looking forward to a good game and good commercials.

And I am happy to see W2R's report that the Super Bowl is a great boon to New Orleans - they deserve it.

Reactions: W2R
PB, I share the same sentiments with you concerning the two teams. Read an article about Joe Flacco in today's newspaper. Expect him, if he joins our forum, when he retires to start another one of those threads we often get on what to do with our life after ER. His lineman wanted to buy him a birthday present recently and couldn't figure out what to get him as it was stated he has no hobbies at all, except for sitting in his basement with his wife watching reality tv shows all the time. His Dad was asked this week what is the best way to describe Joe. He stated "Joe is dull". His long td passes are exciting to watch though.

Nothing invested (somewhat of a relief, I couldn't bear the Pats letting another SB get away from them), but I'll pull for the 49ers cause of Kaepernick, and because I'm not a fan of the Ravens, esp Ray Lewis (buh-bye). But we won't turn on the TV before 5:25pm...YMMV

Last edited:
Having been a New England Patriot fan since the late 70s (and I still can't believe it's not the Baltimore Colts), the season is over for me. But I admire San Francisco, so that's who I'm rooting for.

Edit to add: one thing I wish is that Bill Belichick found the class to do a network interview after the game, which in my opinion although much to my chagrin, was won fair and square by Baltimore.

Last edited:
I don't really care for Pro Football (I'm a college sports fan myself), but I'll be watching it for the commercials. I'm mostly excited about the 12lb brisket that I'm going to smoke on Saturday for Superbowl Dinner the next day. Yum.

As a fan of the still-reigning-until-Sunday Super Bowl Champion New York Giants I'm meaning towards the 49ers from an NFC perspective. Plus I live in the Mid-Atlantic area and its fun to "challenge" all of the Ravens fans around here. Of course they taunt me back, so if the Ravens win I will have to wear a Ravens jersey for a week.

I will be off to a family birthday party on Sunday so the Super Bowl will just have to happen without me.

Baltimore & Joe Flacco have played way better the last 2 weeks than they did all season, which I believe is an anomaly. Additionally, I don't believe that Baltimore can handle SF's team speed. The best thing that Baltimore has going for them is that the OL is playing as good as it has all season, thanks to some players getting healthy and shuffling to some positions that suit them better.

On the SF side, I don't think it's fully realized by much of the public what a good passer Kaepernick is, and I think that SF's defense is talented enough to effectively shut down Baltimore's offense, which relies almost entirely on Ray Rice and "isolation" routes.

SF wins by 10 or more.

Gonna be tough... If game goes over, will miss Season 3 Episode 5 of Downton Abbey. Had a nap this afternoon to stay up late... 10PM CT.
Missing the Big Party at the clubhouse in FL, but will feel much better in the AM.
Super Bowl party is a two kegger, but have turned into a one mugger, so it's not all bad.
Since the Bears are not in it, should be fairly calm here. SF by 3?

This is the first Superbowl in many years where I actually care about the outcome, go Niners. So I am just going to stay home and watch the game. Normally, I care as much about the commercial or the Superbowl squares.

Myself and my fellow Intel alums were pysched to see that Niner coach Jim Harbaugh was a fan of Andy Grove, Intel legendary CEO, book "Only the Paranoid Survive". See the WSJ article here I think it would be pretty cool for Andy to get Superbowl champion jersey.

Back
Top Bottom