another financial milestone

palomalou

Recycles dryer sheets
Due to reading here, I got my first senior citizen discount yesterday! A whole 58 cents, but still, a discount.
When I told spouse, the reply was, "Don't the young people need it more than we do?" Spouse is much more altruistic than I--another reason for my adoration!
Also checked and Fairway has one too. YES!:dance:
Wish I'd known that some start at 55--could have started asking three years ago!

Last edited:
Reading here makes you look old? Oh No!

Hee hee! No, but my recent change to cut my hair short and let it be gray/white may have helped me. I held out my license but she didn't even look at it!

I had a wake up call recently when I went to a different salon and the stylist gave me the "senior discount" without comment. Ouch...I knew that letting my dark hair go gray was going to bite me. I guess I will start asking for the senior discount when I eat out because I apparently can "pass" for old without being carded! :eek:

I had a wake up call recently when I went to a different salon and the stylist gave me the "senior discount" without comment. Ouch...I knew that letting my dark hair go gray was going to bite me. I guess I will start asking for the senior discount when I eat out because I apparently can "pass" for old without being carded! :eek:

I got a senior discount 3 years ago without asking --- and I was only 47 ! I blame work stress for adding years to my perceived age. I'm hoping that I start getting carded again once work is a thing of the past.

I got my first senior discount a couple of months ago. 5% off when you shop on Wednesdays at a particular grocery store if you're over 55.

I didn't know whether to be happy or sad. :confused:

Oh well, if I've got to be "old"er, I might as well get a discount for it. :)

Back
Top Bottom