A great feeling

firewhen

Recycles dryer sheets
So I went to a free seminar on paying for college. I didn’t begin to see how we would qualify for financial aid but I figured it couldn’t hurt to listen. While I was there I realized that while everyone else in the room likely was truly worried about this, I got this inner glow inside when I realized that this wasn’t an issue for us. Sure we will try for merit scholarships and look at the competitive state schools but paying for college, or even for retirement, is done for us. After years of being careful and LBYM, I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
It almost felt strange being there, but in a good way:), knowing we are so unique compared to almost everyone else. Anyone else have a moment like this?

I'll let you know after I attend one of these free seminars. Oldest child just started HS, so have few more years of worrying.

Yep, we attended all the seminars about 10 years ago. Got hints on the FAFSA forms and so forth. Turned out that the 3 kids went to State Schools (no more than $15K/year WITH housing.) They DID qualify for several sources of merit and need grants/aid and loans. Total left to "them" was less than half. Even better, "grandpa" left them enough to cover most of the remainder. A BIG relief as I was staring down the barrel of ER at the time. (Thankyou, grandpa!!)

YMMV

Back
Top Bottom