Quiz: How observant are you?

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I scored not too shabby (but just barely) on this quiz. Most will be able to beat that score.:cool:

Get a piece of paper to write down your answers to 30 questions and then check them at the end!! DON'T CHEAT! If you do cheat, it really is not all that much fun! And, yes, the answers are at the bottom of the page.

1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?
2. How many states are there? ( don't laugh, some people don't know)
3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch?
4. What 6 colors are on the classic Campbell's soup label?
5. What 2 letters don't appear on the telephone dial? ( no cheating)!
6. What 2 telephone #'s don't have letters by them?
7. When you walk does your left arm swing w/your right or left leg?
8. How many matches are in a standard pack?
9. On our flag, is the top stripe red or white?
10. What is the lowest # on the FM dial?
11. Which way does water go down the drain, counter or clockwise?
12. Which way does a "no smoking" sign's slash run?
13. How many channels on a VHF TV dial?
14. Which side of a women's blouse are the buttons on?
15. On a NY license plate, is New York on the top or bottom?
16. Which way do fans rotate?
17. Whose face is on a dime?
18. How many sides does a stop sign have?
19. Do books have even # pages on the right or left side?
20. How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?
21. How many sides are there on a standard pencil?
22. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who's missing?
23. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?
25. On which card is the card-maker's trademark?
26. On which side of a Venetian blind is the cord that adjusts the opening between the slats?
27. On the back of a one dollar bill, what is in the center?
28. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no digits?
29. How many curves are in a standard paper clip?
30. Does a merry-go-round turn counter or clockwise?

Here are the answers! No peeking!!!! Scroll Down! I said no peeking!!!!!

1. Bottom
2. 50 (please tell me you at least got this one!)
3. right
4. blue, red, white, yellow, black, and gold ( Did you see blue? i didn't)
5. Q, Z
6. 1, 0
7. left
8 20
9. red
10. 88
11. Counter (unless you happen to be south of the equator)
12. towards bottom right
13. 12 (no #1)
14. Right
15. top
16. Clockwise as you look at it
17. Roosevelt
18. 8 What about the front side and back side? I think it also could be.
19. left
20. 5
21. 6
22. Bashful
23. 6 it's really 8. (someone messed up here.)
24. did you notice there wasn't one? (question was NOT included when I got the quiz..sorry)
25. Ace of spades
26. left
27. ONE
28. *, #
29. 3
30. counter

Scoring

30-28 Mensa is calling, genius
25-27 Not too shabby
20-24 You could do better
16-19 McDonald's is calling (would you like fries w/ that)?
15-00 Shucks! Being blind wouldn't affect you one bit!

Why would a high score on something so unimportant, indicate intelligence? Really, do we need to know the names of all 7 dwarfs in order to get along in the world? And am I to suppose that knowing which way the fan blades spin, keeps you from getting your fingers caught in the fan when you aren't smart enough to turn it off? :ROFLMAO:

That said, it was kind of fun.

Amethyst

I guess I might as well be blind. I don't know enough to work at McDonald's.

Merry-go-rounds, (as they're usually referred to in Europe), generally go clockwise, while Carousels, (N.America), generally go counter-clockwise.

According to the Venetian blinds I'm looking at #26 is incorrect. That or my blinds are on backwards. ;)

I don't give a dwarf's a&& about Disney, yet I knew Bashful.

Time to leave SoCal!?

I don't give a dwarf's a&& about Disney, yet I knew Bashful.

Time to leave SoCal!?

I care about Disney. It is up over 28% since I bought it less than a year ago. I did not remember Bashful though.

I care about Disney. It is up over 28% since I bought it less than a year ago. I did not remember Bashful though.

Well I care about Disney too. Someone here was talking about it over 2 years ago. I bought a little, up over 78%, thanks for the heads up! :D

I never knew Bashful and now I don't know who to thank.

According to the Venetian blinds I'm looking at #26 is incorrect. That or my blinds are on backwards. ;)

You can actually get it on either side.... I had a big window in my old house and I ordered two blinds... had the blind adjuster on the left on one and the right on the other so they were together in the middle of the window... knew I was not going to be raising them that much but would adjust them more often....

But left is the usual side....

Why would a high score on something so unimportant, indicate intelligence? ...
That said, it was kind of fun.

Amethyst

I wonder how scoring on something like this correlates with intelligence? It might even be an inverse relationship? Wasn't there something about some people being surprised that Einstein did not memorize his SS#, he said "I can look it up"?

Maybe some people don't observe this trivia as they are engrossed in higher level thinking? Their mind is working internally rather than focused externally?

But some of them were fun, it is kind of interesting that we sometimes have not observed what we see so often (a comment that Sherlock made to Holmes several times). And as often is the case in these things, some were just wrong. A lot of cars have 4 lug nuts/wheel - I'm not sure 5 can be called 'standard' any longer.

-ERD50

You can actually get it on either side.... I had a big window in my old house and I ordered two blinds... had the blind adjuster on the left on one and the right on the other so they were together in the middle of the window... knew I was not going to be raising them that much but would adjust them more often....

But left is the usual side....

Well I learned something new, thank you!

Like some others I don't understand the connection between trivia and intelligence. I recall people who were great at trivia but couldn't think their way out of a wet paper sack.

7. When you walk does your left arm swing w/your right or left leg?

7. left!

I interpret this question to mean "when your arm swings, is it at the same forward/rear position relative to your body with your right or left leg?".

Does anyone here actually walk with their arms matching the position of the same leg:confused:

Does anyone here actually walk with their arms matching the position of the same leg:confused:

I think Camels are perhaps the only creatures who walk like that.

I interpret this question to mean "when your arm swings, is it at the same forward/rear position relative to your body with your right or left leg?".

Yeah, this was a pretty shaky quiz, and I doubt the results correspond to anyone's intelligence. That one is blatantly wrong or very poorly worded. And I've never seen a 6 hot dog bun package. 10% of the quiz on the telephone keypad, one of which is very dated because all the letters show up on just about any modern key pad. VHF is another one that probably few under 40 got right.

Add in some that are almost random (left/right, top/bottom, clockwise/counterclockwise) that really don't matter except the stop light one if you're color blind, so you can get it right if you happen to know the obscure fact or guess right. By about the 5th one of those I was ready for the quiz to be over, but I kept on.

Had they said "playing card" in #25 I would've understood the question and gotten it right, but I couldn't guess what they meant by generically saying "card".

No #24. A McDonald's server knows how to count to 30 without missing a number.

I got 14 wrong out of 29. I better start doing some brain exercises quickly ! :LOL:

I'm a very visual person when it comes to learning and navigating through life. I was able to visualize most of the objects (pencil, stop sign, etc) and get the answers right. Some questions I simply had no idea about.

A quiz like that is fine as long as the answer key is correct. Things get changed as they go across the internet, with no idea of the accuracy of the key.

All in all, a fun mental challenge ! Got more ? :cool:

14. Which side of a women's blouse are the buttons on?

All my blouses have buttons on the LEFT side. So they've got (yet) another incorrect answer.

omni

I thought that this was going to be a quiz on religon! Imagine my surprise!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom