Block Ten Buck Offer

sengsational

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Today I got a CD in the mail from H&R Block to buy the basic for $9.95.

The reason I think this is newsworthy is that it seems to me, in my past experience, the initial offer before the new year was $35. Later, sometime after the new year, some of the office supply stores would have it for $15. It's $35 on Amazon right now.

I know many of you get the Vanguard offer for free, but I'm split between them and Fido, so don't make the cut there.

Because they said sharing the CD along with the offer was legit, I posted an iso of the disk. Of course I don't get anything, blah, blah.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5wbKf9nXS7mcGZ6TFJRLTc4NjQ/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

• blockcd.jpg
    blockcd.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 212
Have you tried starting the install, saying no when asked to pay and then getting an extra discount? In previous years it has resulted in another $5 discount from the software price.

No, I didn't try that. Someone else I hope will report on that. I wonder if they discount the $10 version...that would be a steal!

Vanguard doesn't do free tax software anymore.

TheFinanceBuff wrote a little bit about the shareable CD from HRBlock in this post: https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2724134#p2724134

It is nice of you to share.

The CD has the program but it requires payment to activate. The price offered is lower than retail, like $14.95 for deluxe with state, and just as you exit out without buying, you are offered another $5 off to buy it for $9.95.

If you go in and look at the page of offers for the different flavors of the software, when you close that window it will make what it says is a one time offer of $5 off if you buy right then. With that $5 off, the Deluxe + State edition was only $9.99 + sales tax. That's a good deal.

Last edited:
Thanks, and wow I love my WOW at 30 Mbps, it took less than a minute to dl.

Not sure If I'll use it, as I previously have used the premium version all the time, (have a rental and self employment).

I think T Rowe Price and Fidelity are offering free Turbo Tax this year. Vanguard apparently is not.

Thanks, and wow I love my WOW at 30 Mbps, it took less than a minute to dl.

Not sure If I'll use it, as I previously have used the premium version all the time, (have a rental and self employment).

The CD has multiple offers with at least one offer being for Premium. I didn't pay attention to the details of it though.

Back
Top Bottom