Why Senior Resorts Only For Seniors?

Elbata

Full time employment: Posting here.
To answer my own question with a question, to not be around children?

Why not have it 30 and over or 40 and over?

Seems to me, one of the turnoffs of senior resorts is everyone there is old.

To answer my own question with a question, to not be around children?

Why not have it 30 and over or 40 and over?

Seems to me, one of the turnoffs of senior resorts is everyone there is old.

That's why there are a ton of other resorts for you to go to. Seniors put up with kids crying, running around uncontrolled, walking around without respect for others. Some parents even let their kids in diapers play in the pool.

These are places you have to earn your spot in life to go to.

But, but, but the 30 or 40-somethings are easier on the eye than the, ahem, senioritas of 70s and 80s.

The problem is, why would they want to come to party with the geezers?

I'm not familiar with seniors only resorts. Seniors only housing, yes.

There are child-free resorts - beaches or sandals or some such all-inclusive type carribean place... Why set an age limit (other than 21 and up)?

As someone who has kids and travels with my kids - I fully understand and support those who want a vacation that is away from my kids. (Heck - I want a vacation away from my kids at least once a week.)

Wherever they are, sign me up!

There are child-free resorts - beaches or sandals or some such all-inclusive type carribean place... Why set an age limit (other than 21 and up)?

As someone who has kids and travels with my kids - I fully understand and support those who want a vacation that is away from my kids. (Heck - I want a vacation away from my kids at least once a week.)
+1 Lots of 21+ resorts. 55+ housing is about a lot more than no kids. For many of the folks moving to them it is undoubtedly about a community of like minded - mostly not working - peers to hang out with. Many probably move from "bedroom communities" which by their very name are relatively empty during the day.

Okay, made me look. I found one outfit, in Spain: Supported holidays for seniors | Unico Care

This actually looks very nice and it is quite reasonable but it is assisted living level care for a vacation visit. Not sure why people not having a need for that sort of care would want to go there.

At some point, people would rather be around other people who don't look any better than they do. Buffness would only intimidate them.

That said...I've never heard of resorts that are officially only for the old. Some old-people communities market themselves as being "like a resort," but that doesn't mean they ARE resorts. From what I've observed, the target customer audience for cruise lines, river cruises, and so on, is generally signaled by the age of the models in the brochures (hint: they are still slim and beautiful, but they have gray hair), and also by the prices (high).

But, but, but the 30 or 40-somethings are easier o[B][/B]n the eye than the, ahem, senioritas of 70s and 80s.

The problem is, why would they want to come to party with the geezers?

At some point, people would rather be around other people who don't look any better than they do. Buffness would only intimidate them.

I don't think I'll fall into that category as long as DW is around--never been any doubt as to which of us has the nicer looks. :) (And, we both have always enjoyed wearing dark glasses on the beach and exchanging low volume commentary on the scenery we just passed!)

When you become extremely old your body is to the point where if you fall down it will break. Your bones are very fragile. A senior resort is set up for just that..seniors. A place where they dont have to worry about kids knocking them over and a place that is designed for them...easy walking ramps, railings in bathroom, etc etc.

Dont get old.

When you become extremely old your body is to the point where if you fall down it will break. Your bones are very fragile. A senior resort is set up for just that..seniors. A place where they dont have to worry about kids knocking them over and a place that is designed for them...easy walking ramps, railings in bathroom, etc etc.

Dont get old.

:dance:

Several CCRC locations that I have visited could be classified as senior resort areas as they pretty-much provide all that a cruise ship provides plus more. Could OP be referring to these?
That's why I asked if he was actually talking about housing, which is a totally different thing from just a vacation type resort.

If all parents supervised their kids properly, there would not be much of a problem or need for 'senior' facilities. But, the issue is many parents choose not to supervise well or just can't admit that their little darlings are doing anything wrong.

I was in an airport area designed for 'quiet and rest' a while back. Several kids were yelling and screaming not 5 feet from where I was trying to get some rest in a reclining chair. There parents were at least 20 feet away and did nothing.

FWIW, I prefer a good mix of ages. It makes things more interesting.

Several CCRC locations that I have visited could be classified as senior resort areas as they pretty-much provide all that a cruise ship provides plus more. Could OP be referring to these?
As in many topics here, only the Shadow knows.

Why are infant day care centres only for infants?
Why are pregnancy yoga classes only for pregnant women?
Why are places of worship only for those who follow those faiths?
Why......that is the question.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    327.2 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom