I Can Not Believe It

jguild2120

Dryer sheet wannabe
25 days to go. After 35 years of full time work I have only 25 days to go before I retire. I'm not exactly retiring early - I'm 64 and my wife is 63. Also, we are not exactly wealthy but we have been saving for retirement since we were married, a little each month, every month for more than 43 years. And, now, it's finally here in 25 days!! I don't mean to brag; I'm just so overwhelmed with emotion I wanted to shout out. It's finally here!! Take care everyone!

A hell of a lot earlier than many. Congratulations!!!
+1

I have a friend who is still working at 70, and not for financial reasons or because he loves his job. I think he fears what his life will be like when he can't go to work to get away from the never ending honey-do list.

I remember my last month at work. Almost like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Congratulations.

Last edited:
Congratulations!! May you and the Mrs. enjoy many happy, healthy retirement years.

Congratulations! I remember feeling the same way. I was giddy knowing that I never had to work again and would actually receive a monthly check.

25 days to go. After 35 years of full time work I have only 25 days to go before I retire. I'm not exactly retiring early - I'm 64 and my wife is 63. Also, we are not exactly wealthy but we have been saving for retirement since we were married, a little each month, every month for more than 43 years. And, now, it's finally here in 25 days!! I don't mean to brag; I'm just so overwhelmed with emotion I wanted to shout out. It's finally here!! Take care everyone!
Congratulations! You are going to LOVE retirement. Like you, I didn't retire until I was in my 60's, and I can tell you it is even better than I ever imagined. :D

Last edited:
Congratulations! Better a little later then never.

Thank you all for your kind words. Someone wrote that it was like waiting on Christmas to arrive. That is exactly how I feel. Take care!

Congratulations. What will you do all day?

I'm not exactly retiring early - I'm 64 and my wife is 63.

The "Early" in FIRE is just a wisp of smoke. Sure, chronologically you're not really early. But these days, just making it to the finish line with your mental and physical health intact and having lived a full life as you wished seems to be the real prize.

Congratulations!

Thank you all for your kind words. Someone wrote that it was like waiting on Christmas to arrive. That is exactly how I feel. Take care!

It's better than Christmas, since it is every day for the rest of your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Welcome to the retirement side of life! Starting early and keeping to the plan is the path to success. You had a plan and stuck to it. Congratulations!

Have the day you deserve, and let Karma sort it out.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Definitely something to shout about, congratulations!

Congrats! Hope to follow soon!

Back
Top Bottom