Looking for a small inexpensive gift for staff

HadEnuff

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I've sold my business, and will be completely gone by March1. I have a staff of 4 ladies, ages 45-60, who have been long-time, great employees. I have done all of the expensive stuff: Nice Christmas Party, nice Christmas Bonuses, and fully funded their last year's Profit Sharing (even though I was their boss for only 2/3 of the year),

so I wan to get them each a little present, in the neighborhood of $50...nothing crazy...just a little gesture...

got any ideas?

thanks in advance...

For $75 you can get the lowest cost Tiffany pen in the signature Tiffany color felt bag. Something you keep forever.

brand new shiny silver dollar with the current year so they will always remember when it was

I once had a business associate commemorate an occasion by engraving the accomplishment on the back of a 5oz silver ingot which I still have, of course this runs over $100 I suppose, anything smaller than 5 oz likely doesn't have much room to engrave.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, make it special for each; don't give them the same thing. Four different gifts isn't so onerous.

How about an engraved stone for their desk with their name or a nice saying of thanks, or perhaps a phrase they are known for in the office. Something personal would be thoughtful.

Engraved stone for their desk-no. To be thoughtful, write an individual thank you card to each of them, then enclose the cash, gift card, gift certificate, whatever. One thing this 45-60 year old lady (me) never wants to see again is a useless knickknack.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Give them an origami swan.

Made from a $50 bill.

And a small personal note with a personal 'thank-you. Basically, what EWG said.

How about taking them out for a thank you lunch and then letting them take off a bit early? I always felt good after one of those type of days... free food, no working, and leaving early.

My vote is for a Godiva chocolate tower. That's something nearly everyone can find useful...and delicious.

I used to give chocolates--until I was eventually informed that a few of the gift recipients were diabetics. :facepalm:

Agree with EastWestGirl too. The note is your personal touch, the gift card or cash is useful.

Easysurfer's lunch and afternoon off sounds good too.

The other ideas would be pretty meaningless to me. Your thoughtful memento might be their WTF?

I used to give chocolates--until I was eventually informed that a few of the gift recipients were diabetics. :facepalm:

Well hopefully he knows if they are diabetics after all these years! :D But...cavities. :facepalm:

I like cash, honestly, and the origami swan is a nice presentation.
Ditto on the special card for each one of them--that's the part that they'll really appreciate rather than a knick-knack.

Had a boss that wanted to give Tiffany stuff, and really, I have zero use for things like that. Cash, a nice lunch delivered to the office, and a nice note is what I'd most prefer.

thank you for all of the wonderful ideas.

I will say, that since I'm not their boss anymore, giving them the afternoon off sounds like a great idea!

I agree about the knickknacks, useless to many people since tastes vary so much. The origami swan is a good idea, as is the free lunch or afternoon off and a nice note.

How about taking them out for a thank you lunch and then letting them take off a bit early? I always felt good after one of those type of days... free food, no working, and leaving early.

Sounds like the perfect gift (and maybe toss in a $50 gift card for each).

The Gift that Keeps on Giving

Besides whatever gift you decide on. Be sure to supplement the gift with a framed photo of you ! Tell them to display your photo in a prime location.

What else could they possibly want.

Attachments

• lumberg-office-space_320-300x225.jpg
    lumberg-office-space_320-300x225.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Besides whatever gift you decide on. Be sure to supplement the gift with a framed photo of you ! Tell them to display your photo in a prime location.

What else could they possibly want.

that's extra funny because at the Christmas dinner, we do a White Elephant gift exchange, and this year the one NOBODY wanted was a picture of me in my 1977 John Travolta Disco suit. That's just not right.

Engraved stone for their desk-no. To be thoughtful, write an individual thank you card to each of them, then enclose the cash, gift card, gift certificate, whatever. One thing this 45-60 year old lady (me) never wants to see again is a useless knickknack.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
+100 on NO to the engraved stone.

Back
Top Bottom