Best investment apps?

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What are the apps you use for tracking your individual stocks and funds? I have been using Yahoo finance and would like more flexibility into customizing graphs. For instance a 1 month chart. Also, if I could enter a starting date and ending date for a stock it would be nice to see how it performed over that period.

MS Money.

I like SigFig for investments and Mint for everything including bank accounts, car, home. etc. Drawback is they require access to your financial accounts. I download the Sigfig data weekly into a spreadsheet where you can work with your data however you like. I like Stock Quote on my phone - there is no account access so you have to update periodically.

I like bigcharts.com - if you chose the "advanced" graph you can have simultaneous plots of price, p/e, and earnings per share. These are located in the "indicators" drop down on the left side. I'd rather look at all three of these at the same time than just price.

What are the apps you use for tracking your individual stocks and funds? I have been using Yahoo finance and would like more flexibility into customizing graphs. For instance a 1 month chart. Also, if I could enter a starting date and ending date for a stock it would be nice to see how it performed over that period.

Yahoo has this: You have to click the interactive tab (on the web version). It's even adjusted, excludes dividends though.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

Stockcharts.com
Fastgraphs.net ($)
Morningstar
Excel
Google Sheets

Stockcharts is missing some funds that I've tried looking up. The latest is SEBFX. I like that you could plot more than one fund on the same graph and adjust the date range. Anything else like that?

Back
Top Bottom