Any Ideas for a Fund/ETF to Cover Europe?

JPatrick

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I need to get a bit more exposure in the European countries. I have China covered with FHKCX which turned out to be a 52% performer this year, but I need more Europe.
Any ideas?

Why not just buy VGTSX and be done with it? It sounds like your Chinese sector bet paid off this year, but no one knows which sectors will be hot in the future.

It seems that the European Index fund is exactly what you want.

It seems that the European Index fund is exactly what you want.

If you mean VGK, that does sound like a good choice. Planning to compare with FIEUX and a couple of others.

Why not just buy VGTSX and be done with it? It sounds like your Chinese sector bet paid off this year, but no one knows which sectors will be hot in the future.
The total approach would create too much overlap, but it is probably a fine choice for anyone who has no international exposure.
I see the entire market coming down to earth in 2018, but I think China will continue to be a leader, albeit at a slower pace.

Using the list below, I decided I would buy two, but then, a serious case of cold feet hit me. We've come really far, really fast, and I'm having trouble with my investing enthusiasm. However, before I called a timeout, I did take a small position in IEUR. and will work with the list to buy more in the future.
VGK
IEUR
EZU
VXUS
OEUR
FIEUX

I use Vanguard Total World, VT, as my only equity holding. About 20% invested in Europe. If for some reason you want to overweight Europe, you'll need to buy an additional fund.

Back
Top Bottom