Trouble getting Experian credit Report

harllee

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
About a month ago I decided to get all my credit reports through annualcreditreport.com. I had not gotten them in over a year because I had them all frozen. I was able to get my Equifax online but could not get Transunion or Experian online for some reason. I do not hear well on the phone so I opted to get those 2 by mail and mailed in the required documentation. I got the Transunion one in about 10 days, no problem. It has now been a month and I still have not received the Experian report. Anyone else have a problem getting Experian credit reports? Any advice regarding what I should do next? Is there a way to contact Experian directly or should I report this to the FTC? Isn't Experian legally required to give me a free annual report?

I had trouble a while back also with Experian. I was unable to thaw my report online like I have done in the past. Also, I could not get a credit report online. I found a number to call, talked to a person and got thawed and a copy of the report. Apparently, there is some sort of security issue involved, that's my guess.

This number got me to a real person: 714-830-7000.

My last one was Experian. Online failed and had to go the paper route. It came in 6 calendar days.

Trans Union online has always worked for me, but Equifax is failed to provide the online thing the most.

I have the paper form in electronic format, already filled-out, along with scans of the appropriate documents. So if any of them don't cooperate in the online process, I just print that and mail it.

If you have a problem, you can go to https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/getting-started/ and open a complaint.

Thanks to both of you. I will call Experian and if I don't get my credit report right away I will file a complaint.

OP here. I went to the Experian website and set up an account there and was able to get my credit report (no problems). Experian tried to sell my all kinds of services but I just ignored all that and was able to get a free credit report. I wonder if Experian did not send my credit report after I made a written request for it in order to get me to go to their website so they could try to sell me something. I think I might file a complaint against them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom